David said the catch was filleted and frozen at sea, and was only 24 hours old by the time it was served.
What does FAS stand for?
FAS stands for Frozen At Sea (commercial fishing)
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Business, finance, etc.
See other definitions of FAS
We have 378 other meanings of FAS in our Acronym Attic
- Frame Alignment Signal
- Frankfurter Allgemeine Sonntagszeitung (German newspaper)
- Free Alongside Ship (shipping)
- Freely Associated States (Micronesia)
- Freight Alongside Ship
- Freight Assessment System (various organizations)
- French Academy of Sciences
- Frequency Allocation Support
- Frequency Assignment Subcommittee
- Fresh Air Setup
- Fuels Automated System
- Full Auto Shooting (cameras)
- Functional Address Symbol
- Functional Architecture Study
- Functional Area Services
- Functional Area Sponsor
- Functional Area Supervisor (US Navy NTCSS)
- Fund for Additional Services (Colorado)
- Fundação Amazonas Sustentável (Portuguese: Amazonas Sustainable Foundation)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Featured solutions include: * Printkote[R] HMR: A solid bleached sulfate paperboard designed to look great on the retail shelf after enduring extremely wet conditions and multiple freeze-thaw cycles * Custom Kote[R] Shrimp Base: A high-performing, single sheet paperboard that offers exceptional strength and durability for seafood products like shrimp that are packaged, stacked and frozen at sea.
Fish frozen at sea has locked in freshness and makes the perfect low-cal supper simply grilled or steamed with new potatoes and veg.
Often this fish is gutted and frozen at sea, landed in commercial ports and taken to China for processing before returning to the EU.
Tim Cartwright-Taylor, secretary of Frozen at Sea Fillets Association, which sponsored the event, said: "I'm delighted to congratulate Steve and his team on winning his weight in fish.
Some of the best-quality mahi mahi is now frozen at sea.
New to the list this year, Shaw's now provides the following fresh seafood items within its sustainable seafood program, including: * Fresh Swordfish Steaks * Fresh Perch Fillets * Fresh Cod Fillets * Fresh Sockeye Salmon Fillets * Frozen at Sea Haddock Fillets * Frozen at Sea New England Style Haddock Fillets "This month, we celebrate the continued success and expansion of our sustainable seafood program," said Mike Stigers, president, Shaw's.
Frozen at sea cod prices range upwards from 25 [pounds sterling] a box.