The front sight blade is held in place on the front sight base by an odd shaped screw.
What does FSB stand for?
FSB stands for Front Sight Base
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
See other definitions of FSB
We have 136 other meanings of FSB in our Acronym Attic
- Former Soviet Bloc (group of countries)
- Fortune Small Business (magazine)
- Forward Staging Base
- Forward Support Base (US DoD)
- Forward Support Battalion (US Army)
- Frankenmuth State Bank (Frankenmuth, Michigan)
- Franklin Savings Bank (various locations)
- Free Software Business
- Frequency - Same Bearing (tactical acoustic analysis)
- Fresno to Shell Beach (online racing league)
Samples in periodicals archive:
The SIG SAUER front sight base is a press fit and may need to be professionally installed.
The rifle itself is your basic Stoner-style carbine, with a 16-inch barrel complete with M4/203 barrel cut and a fixed front sight base.
Next to the front sight base is Wild West's porting system, three holes on each side.
It was necessary to wrench the front sight base a bit to the left to make it line up with the rear sight and while this Seemed to have no effect on functioning, the handguards were a bit out of line Disassembly is a bit unusual, but is illustrated in the "User and Maintenance Manuel.
The rear aperture folds down in transport/storage mode and the front sight base serves double duty as the detent latch that holds the folded weapon closed.
The front sight base is firmly attached to the barrel; loosening a knurled screw allows the tubular hood assembly to be removed.