Support from stakeholder groups like the Friends of the National Arboretum and the National Bonsai Foundation, which seek both private and federal funds for the Arboretum, helps launch projects like a new Flowering Tree Walk and accessible courtyards in the bonsai museum.
What does FONA stand for?
FONA stands for Friends of the National Arboretum (Washington, DC)
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of FONA
We have 8 other meanings of FONA in our Acronym Attic
- Full of Noises (music)
- Funding Opportunity Number (grants)
- Phone/Phone Directory (File Name Extension)
- Faults or Near Accidents (medical committee; various locations)
- Federal Ozone Non Attainment (air quality; California)
- Flag Officer Naval Aviation (UK)
- Flora of North America (botany)
- Forward on No Answer (configuration)
- Friends of Nairobi Arboretum (Kenya)
- Flag Officer Naval Air Command
- Fondation Nationale pour le Développement et la Solidarité (Burkina Faso)
- Fondo Nacional de la Discapacidad (Spanish: National Disability Fund; Chile)
- Fondo Nacional para la Reestructuración y Modernización de la Actividad Agropecuaria (Guatemala)
- Fondo Nacional de Investigaciones Agropecuarias (Venezuela)
- Flag Officer, Naval Air, Pacific (US Navy)
- Friends of the National Art School (Australia)
- Fondo Nacional de Salud (Spanish: National Health Fund; various nations)
- Federation of National Associations of Ship Brokers and Agents (London, UK)
- Food and Nutriton Association of Tanzania
Samples in periodicals archive:
Officials and the Friends of the National Arboretum (FONA) helped alleviate that problem by arranging for a weekend Metrobus to shuttle visitors to the grounds.
A former consultant to the Central Intelligence Agency, she has served on the boards of more than 20 community organizations including the Salvation Army, Friends of the National Arboretum, and the Ronald Reagan Institute for Emergency Medicine.