A number of private companies and government projects take advantage of the facility's key capabilities, including large-envelope fiber placement equipment, friction stir welding systems, high-speed machining tools, material test labs and manufacturing infrastructure.
What does FSW stand for?
FSW stands for Friction Stir Welding
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of FSW
We have 56 other meanings of FSW in our Acronym Attic
- Flight Software
- Flute Society of Washington (Manassas, VA)
- Fonds Soziales Wien (German: Vienna Social Fund; Vienna, Austria)
- Food Service Warehouse
- Food Service Worker
- Foothill Symphonic Winds (Palo Alto, CA)
- Forward Swept Wing (aviation)
- Fox Sports World (cable TV channel)
- Free Software
- Freestyle-Wave (windsurfing board category)
- Fuji Speedway (Taiwan)
- Full Spectrum Warrior (video game)
- Florida Sports Writers Association
- Family Services Women's Center (Indiana)
- Flight Simulator Water Configurator
- Flight Simulator Water Configurator (freeware configuration tool to change reflections in Flight Simualtor X)
- Florida Suncoast Writers' Conference
- Fujian Soil and Water Conservation Centre (China)
- Fairbanks Soil & Water Conservation District (Alaska)
- Franklin Square Water District (Nassau County, New York)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Although friction stir welding (FSW) isn't a new process, Honda Motor Co.
Striving to reduce vehicle weight in order to increase fuel economy, Honda focused on Friction Stir Welding (FSW) and developed a new technology for the continuous welding of steel and aluminum.
The two welding processes are Hybrid Laser Arc Welding (HLAW) and Friction Stir Welding (FSW).
A sampling of general themes: aluminum alloys & aerospace structural metallic materials, biomaterials and biomedical applications, surface engineering & coatings, composites, fuel cells, friction stir welding, nanostructured materials, severe plastic deformation, smart materials and processes, superalloys, thin films, steels & thin slab and strip casting, welding and joining, and mechanical behavior & fracture.
Some new processes were developed, such as the infrared welding, the forced mixed extrusion technique, and the friction stir welding (31-33).
The additional accommodation on the estate will enable us to expand and diversify with new technologies, such as Linear Friction Welding and Friction Stir Welding, being provided following Manufacturing Technology Inc's success in these products after its acquisition of TTI.
Laser welding and Friction Stir Welding are the feasible solutions to overcome this problem as characterized as lower heat input welding techniques.