The images have all been short listed for the society's Hilda Canter-Lund prize, in recognition of the scientist who, while working for the Freshwater Biological Association at Lake Windermere in the Lake District, furthered the art of algae photography.
What does FBA stand for?
FBA stands for Freshwater Biological Association (UK)
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of FBA
We have 151 other meanings of FBA in our Acronym Attic
- Food Bank of Alaska
- Forces Belges en Allemagne (French: Belgian Forces in Germany)
- Foreign Bankers' Association
- Foreign Born Adoptee (adoption)
- Foreign Business Act (Thailand)
- Forensic Behavioural Analysis
- Fôret-Bois Aquitaine (French: Forest-Wood Aquitaine; National Institute of Agronomic Research; Aquitaine, France)
- Forms Based Authentication (Microsoft Outlook Web Access)
- Forward-Backward Algorithm (speech processing)
- Foundation Beefmaster Association
- Fructose-Bisphosphate Aldolase (enzymes)
- Fukuoka Badminton Association (Japan)
- Fulfillment by Amazon
- Full Blown AIDS
- Functional Behavior Analysis
- Functional Behavior Assessment
- Functional Business Analysts
- Fund Based Accounting
- Fundación Bitcoin Argentina (Spanish: Bitcoin Foundation Argentina; Argentina)
- Future Builders of America
Samples in periodicals archive:
The Wet Fens Project in partnership with Dorset Wildlife Trust and the Freshwater Biological Association is pioneer work in the UK, to link research with conservation practice with the aim of incorporating small organisms into wetland conservation management.
Since retiring after 30 years with the Freshwater Biological Association (FBA) and Centre for Ecology and Hydrology (CEH), Glen has been a Research Fellow with the FBA and Aberystwyth University.