I wish the church would exert as much force with other urgent moral issues, such as Freedom of Information Bill or anti-torture law," Lacal said.
What does FOIB stand for?
FOIB stands for Freedom of Information Bill
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
See other definitions of FOIB
We have 1 other meaning of FOIB in our Acronym Attic
- The Swedish Defence Research Agency
- Totalförsvarets Forskningsinstitut (Swedish Defence Research Agency)
- Freedom Of Information Act
- Friends of Island Academy (educational group)
- Fund for Open Information and Accountability, Inc. (New York, NY)
- Freedom of Information Act/Privacy Act
- Freedom of Information Advocacy Coalition
- Friends of Indo-American Community (California)
- Federacion Ornitocultural Islas Baleares (Spanish: Balearic Islands Ornitocultural Federation)
- Fellowship of International Churches
- Fiber Optic Interface Connector
- Fiber Optics Installer Certification
- Financial Officer in Charge
- Find Out In Character (roleplaying games)
- Fire Operations Information Center (Miami, FL, USA)
- Firearm Owners Identification Card (Illinois)
- fishery officer in charge (Canada)
- Flag Officer In Charge (UK Royal Navy)
- Flag Officer in Command (Philippines navy)
Samples in periodicals archive:
President Mahinda Rajapakse 's United People's Freedom Alliance , which enjoys a two-thirds majority in the 225-member assembly, shot down the Freedom of Information Bill presented by an opposition lawmaker, an official said.
A Freedom of Information Bill has gone through all the processes in Parliament and will shortly become law, because the president believes that if you want to run a modern state, people should have access to information.
Yemeni lawyer Mohammad Naji Allaw said supported the bill and said it was better than the freedom of information bill the government is currently drafting.
The passing of the Freedom of Information bill further cements Indonesia's commitment to being an open, democratic society," said Staffan Synnerstrom, lead public sector specialist for World Bank Indonesia.
The Freedom of Information Bill (Amendment) Bill, introduced by Conservative MP David Maclean, would remove any obligation for MPs' expenses to be made public.
The meeting was called at short notice in Llandrindod Wells, Powys - a nine-hour round trip for the MP to return to Westminster in time for the Freedom of Information Bill.
It includes information on recruitment, recognition and reward, learning and development and council policies such as Health and Safety and the new Freedom of Information bill.