lt;graphic omitted> <graphic omitted> Bottom Line With the first pro-choice president in eight years already making changes to the nation's policies on funding abortion overseas, expressing his support for the Freedom of Choice Act, and moving toward rescinding federal job protections for medical workers who refuse to participate in abortion procedures, Americans -- and, in particular, Republicans -- seem to be taking a step back from the pro-choice position.
What does FOCA stand for?
FOCA stands for Freedom of Choice Act
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
See other definitions of FOCA
We have 29 other meanings of FOCA in our Acronym Attic
- Fuzhou City (China)
- Federal Office for Civil Aviation (Switzerland)
- Federation of Ontario Cottagers' Association (Canada)
- Fellowship of Orthodox Christians in America
- Festival of Contemporary Art (Australia)
- Fiber-Optic Cable Assembly
- Flight Operations Quality Assurance
- Font Object Content Architecture (Font objects in IBM AFP/MO:DCA data stream)
- Formula One Constructors Association
- Fort Caroline National Memorial (US National Park Service)
- Friends of Civil Affairs
- Fundação Oásis Cidade Aberta (Portuguese: Oasis Open City Foundation; Brazil)
- Forum on China-Africa Cooperation
- Freedom Of Choice Among Competing Alternatives
- Flag Officer Commanding the Australian Fleet (Australian Navy)
- Federation of Commercial Audiovisual Libraries Ltd
- Fondation Canadienne pour les Ameriques (French: Canadian Foundation for the Americas)
- Formes de Communication et Acquisition des Langues (French: Forms of Communication and Language Acquisition)
- Formula Calculator
- Formulating Online Calculations in Algebraic Language
Samples in periodicals archive:
Obama is a staunch supporter of Planned Parenthood and the Freedom of Choice Act.
Catholic bishops are threatening to close more than 600 church-run hospitals if the Freedom of Choice Act (FOCA) is reintroduced and passed.
Yet, few other Americans are aware of the Freedom of Choice Act, a legislative proposal introduced in previous sessions of Congress that, if eventually enacted, could have as great an impact on the abortion issue as the landmark 1973 Roe v.
Yet these hard-fought successes are jeopardized by the new administration's promise to undo them all with the Freedom of Choice Act.
Lee joined Walk organizer Eva Muntean to urge opposition to the proposed Freedom of Choice Act which would eliminate all restrictions on abortion.
Gene Rudd, senior vice president of the Christian Medical Association, said that one of his major concerns is that Democrats will move forward with the Freedom of Choice Act, which has previously failed to gain traction.
At the same time Catholic support for Democrats may fade quickly if the Freedom of Choice Act, aimed at overturning some state-level restrictions on abortion, passes.