Have you heard the phrase free appropriate public education (FAPE)?
What does FAPE stand for?
FAPE stands for Free Appropriate Public Education
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of FAPE
We have 5 other meanings of FAPE in our Acronym Attic
- Fort Atkinson Police Department (Fort Atkinson, WI)
- Friend Assisted Path Discovery
- Faculty Academic Progress and Discipline Committee (Australia)
- Frangible Armor Piercing Discarding Sabot (military)
- Families and Advocates Partnership for Education
- Festival Arts Plastiques Enfants (French: Children's Fine Arts Festival)
- Florida Association of Partners in Education
- Fondation Agir pour l'Emploi (French: Action for Employment Foundation; est. 1995)
- Fonds d'Appui à la Promotion de l'Emploi (French: Support Fund for the Promotion of Employment; Burkina Faso)
- Foundation for Art and Preservation in Embassies (est. 1986; Washington, DC)
- Fund for Assistance to Private Education (Makati City, the Philippines)
- Fabrication d'Appareils Publicitaires et Connexes (French: Manufacturing Apparatus of Advertising and Related Devices)
- Forum of African Parliamentarians for Education
- Federation of Associations for the Protection of the Environment of Lakes (Canada)
- Florida Association of Professors of Educational Leadership
- Fédération des Associations de Parents de l'Enseignement Officiel (French)
- Florida Association of Professional Employer Organizations
- Fundação de Amparo À Pesquisa do Estado do Rio Grande do Sul (Portugese)
- Filho de Amparo À Pesquisa do Estado do Rio de Janeiro (Sao Paulo, Brazil)
- Fundação de Amparo à Pesquisa do Estado do Rio de Janeiro (Portuguese: Research Support Foundation of the State of Rio de Janeiro; Brazil)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Special education embraces the right to a free appropriate public education.
Generally, participation in athletics and extracurricular activities is not an essential aspect of a free appropriate public education.
Two different agencies, the Office of Special Education and Rehabilitation Services and State Departments of Education, have the responsibility of monitoring activities relative to compliance with Federal and State regulations and the provision of a free appropriate public education (FAPE) to children with disabilities.
a free appropriate public education which emphasizes special education and related services designed to meet their unique needs; * "to assure that the rights of children with disabilities and their parents .
 Second, IDEA requires that parents or guardians must be notified of any proposed change in the identification, evaluation, or educational placement of the child or the provision of a free appropriate public education to the child.
Moores (1987) stated that: by 1984 education of the deaf had become almost exclusively a public school responsibility, probably largely because of the free appropriate public education requirements of PL 94-142.
The implementing regulations that accompanied that Act provided little guidance except to define a free appropriate public education as: .