The Free Application for Federal Student Aid — Fafsa — is notorious for its complexity and its length.
What does FAFSA stand for?
FAFSA stands for Free Application for Federal Student Aid (US Department of Education)
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
- Business, finance, etc.
We have 5 other meanings of FAFSA in our Acronym Attic
- Frazersburg (airport code; South Africa)
- Full Alert Film Review (film review web site)
- Fédération des Associations Franco-Africains de Développement (French: Federation of Franco-African Development Associations)
- Faculty of Agricultural and Food Sciences (American University of Beirut; Lebanon)
- Falcon Air Force Station (Colorado Springs, CO, USA)
- Federal Association of Financial Services (Pinellas County, FL)
- Fédération des Associations Féminines du Sénégal (French)
- First American Federal Solutions (FEMA contractor)
- Flame Atomic Fluorescence Spectroscopy
- Forum d'Affaires Franco-Suisse (French: Franco-Swiss Business Forum)
- Fonds National d'Assurance Formation des Salariés des Exploitations et Entreprises Agricoles (French: National Insurance Fund Training Employees of Farms and Agricultural Businesses)
- Federazione Associazioni Femminili Ticino (Italian: Federation of Women's Associations of Ticino; Ticino, Switzerland)
- First Article Flight Test
- Full Authority Fault Tolerant Electronic Engine Control
- Financing-Arrangement-Funded Transfers to Shareholders (UK life assurance)
- Fonds d'Assurance Formation du Travail Temporaire (French: Temporary Work Insurance Fund Formation)
- Fujian Agriculture and Forestry University (China)
- For A Friend Without Access
- Department of Toxicology, Dermato-Cosmetology and Pharmacognosy
- Fixed Advance Facility (banking)
Samples in periodicals archive:
To calculate EFC, use a calculator on the web, or fill out the Free Application For Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) form and submit it to the financial aid office of the colleges you are applying to.
Carpenter recommends waiting to give your daughter the money after she files her last Free Application for Federal Student Aid before graduating, which could be in January 2009.
She also intends to streamline the process by partnering with states to use existing income and tax data to help I students complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA).
To apply, graduating high school students need to complete two forms: the Free Application for Federal Student Aid, or FAFSA, which is available in high school counseling offices or online at www.
The seminar is designed to aid parents' understanding of complexities associated with paying for college, including: * Critical tips and deadline dates relative to the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) * The various types of financial aid available, including scholarships, grants and loans * Common myths related to financing a public versus private education * How to send your child to college without risking your family's financial future "Making College Financial Planning Count provides information worth potentially thousands of dollars of savings in college-related expenses," said Istuan Nyeste, parent of college-bound student and program attendee.
The 2006-2007 Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) was released before the Deficit Reduction Act became law and has been completed by many families.
Topics include: Understanding How to Get All the Money You Can - An Overview; How to Fill Out a Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA); Cal Grant at the Community College and Beyond; Scholarships - Finding Free Money; Loans, Loans and More Loans - Understanding the Ins and Outs; Money Management - How to Stay Out of Debt; Transferring - How to Make Sure Your Money Goes With You; and Ask a Financial Aid Expert About Your Financial Aid.