These findings suggest a possible novel therapeutic target for the treatment of fragile X syndrome (FXS) - the most common inherited form of autism and intellectual disability," said Eric Klann, a professor of neural science at New York University.
What does FXS stand for?
FXS stands for Fragile X Syndrome (aka Martin-Bell syndrome; genetic disorder)
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of FXS
We have 5 other meanings of FXS in our Acronym Attic
- WinFax Pro Filename Extension Fax Received
- Foreign Exchange Rate
- Fixed Rate Certificates of Deposit
- Fragile X Research Foundation of Canada
- Functional Extreme Riding Gear (Harley-Davidson)
- Harley-Davidson Low Rider motorcycle model
- Foreign Exchange Service
- Foreign Exchange Station
- Foreign Exchange Subscriber
- Foundation Express Sales (certification course; Cisco)
- WinFax Pro Filename Extension Fax Sent
- Fuji Xerox Service Creative Co., Ltd. (Japan)
- Fuji Xerox of Shanghai Limited (China)
- Foreign Exchange Station End Loop Start (Cisco)
- Fuji Xerox System Service Co., Ltd. (Japan)
- Harley-Davidson Softail Standard motorcycle model
- Harley-Davidson Softail Night Train Model Motorcycle
- Softail Custom (Harley-Davidson)
- Harley-Davidson Softail Deuce model motorcycle
- Harley-Davidson Springer Softail motorcycle model
Samples in periodicals archive:
Fragile X syndrome is caused by a mutation of the FMR1 gene on the X chromosome.
Fragile X syndrome is a neurodevelopmental disorder characterized by impaired social function, cognition and speech, as well as attention deficits and anxiety.
The National Institutes of Health has developed a research plan to advance the understanding of fragile X syndrome and its associated conditions, fragile X-associated tremor/ataxia syndrome and fragile X-associated primary ovarian insufficiency.
Speech & Language Development & Intervention In Down Syndrome & Fragile X Syndrome Joanne E.
9781557668745 Speech and language development and intervention in Down syndrome and fragile X syndrome.
Fragile X syndrome is caused by a mutation in a gene called fmr1.
Fragile X syndrome is the most common inherited cause of mental retardation, with a frequency of 1 in 4000 males and 1 in 6000 females (1).