57,62-66 Losses found in both small cell carcinomas and NSCLCs, involving chromosomes 3p, 13q, and 17p, are probably related to inactivation of critical tumor suppressor genes including retinoblastoma, p53, and fragile histidine triad (FHIT).
What does FHIT stand for?
FHIT stands for Fragile Histidine Triad (gene)
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of FHIT
We have 2 other meanings of FHIT in our Acronym Attic
- Florida Hospital Input Price Index
- Ferndale Home Improvement Service (UK)
- Florida Health Insurance Study
- Fondo Hondureño de Inversión Social (Spanish: Honduran Social Fund)
- Food Hygiene Information Scheme (UK)
- Florida Health Information Systems Council
- Farndon House Information Trust
- Flexx Hockey Institute of Training (est. 2005; Mendota Heights, MN)
- Fort Hare Institute of Technology (Alice, South Africa)
- Foundation for the Harmonization of Information Technology
- Fédération Haïtienne de Judo (French: Haitian Judo Federation)
- Five Horse Johnson (band)
- Folk Harp Journal
- Fontys Hogeschool Journalistiek (Dutch: Fontys College of Journalism)
- Forest Hills Jewish Center (Flushing, NY)
- Finn Hill Junior High School (Kirkland, WA)
- Fetal Horse Kidney
- First Hand Knowledge
- Fliesen Heidrich Kusel (German tile company)
- Florida Healthy Kids
Samples in periodicals archive:
Croce and colleagues said that FHIT, which stands for Fragile Histidine Triad, is vulnerable to damage by carcinogens such as those in cigarette smoke.