3], and the oxygen requirement to fraction of inspired oxygen 40%; a second 300-mL volume exchange transfusion was administered.
What does FiO2 stand for?
FiO2 stands for Fraction of Inspired Oxygen
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
We have 3 other meanings of FiO2 in our Acronym Attic
- Fraction of Inspired Oxygen
- Frais Institutionnels Obligatoires (French: Required Institutional Fees; Canada)
- Free In and Out
- Frequency In & Out
- Frontier in Optics (Optical Society of America conference)
- Fundusz Inicjatyw Obywatelskich (Polish: Civic Initiatives Fund)
- Fundusz Inwestycyjny Otwarty (Polish: Open-End Investment Fund)
- Fusion-Io (stock symbol)
- Future Insurability Option (insurance rider)
- Future Is Ours
- Florida Intergenerational Orchestra of America (Boca Raton, FL)
- Feminist Interpretations of Ayn Rand
- Frente Indigena de Organizaciones Binacionales
- Frente Indigena Oaxaqueno Binacional (Spanish: Oaxacan Indigenous Binational Front; California)
- Federal Interagency Operations Center
- Fellow of the Institute of Carpenters
- Film Industry Orientation Course
- First International Oil Corporation (various locations)
- Forced Indentation of Code (programming)
- Frame Input/Output Controller
Samples in periodicals archive:
Arterial blood gases performed with a fraction of inspired oxygen of 28% revealed hypoxia and hypercarbia with a pH of 7.
Finding that "there are significant differences in the response of pulse oximeters during neonatal resuscitation," researchers concluded that "the speed and reliability of the Masimo SET technology can be of help for clinicians to more accurately adjust the fraction of inspired oxygen during newborn resuscitations, thus preventing or minimizing damage secondary to unnecessary exposure of oxygen and hyperoxemia and to wide fluctuations in oxygen levels.
This feature will complement recent enhancements to the Puritan Bennett[TM] 840 NeoMode[TM] software, including neonatal CPAP mode and the ability to increase the fraction of inspired oxygen (FiO2) by 20% for up to two minutes during suctioning.
Methemoglobin, NO2, and the fraction of inspired oxygen (FiO2) should be monitored during nitric oxide administration.
This was recognized in research in which controllers were linked to CPOX to adjust the delivered fraction of inspired oxygen.
2] >60 mmHg was targeted at the lowest possible fraction of inspired oxygen and nitric oxide was titrated to this end point.
1) The onset of clinical response was studied by comparing the changes in the fraction of inspired oxygen between zero and six hours after the first dose of surfactant.