BIL's subject matter experts have enabled itto achieve a reputation as an exceptionally unique Fourth Party Logistics (4PL) and Third Party Logistics (3PL) service provider.
What does 4PL stand for?
4PL stands for Fourth Party Logistics (similar to 3PL)
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Information technology (IT) and computers
- Vierde Normaalvorm (Dutch)
- For On-Line
- 4 on the Floor (drumming - play straight quarter notes on the kick drum)
- Optimal Variable Stride Trie of Height 4
- Fourth Player
- Poder Para o Povo Preto (Brazilian)
- Product, Price, Promotion, Place (marketing)
- Public Entertainment Duty (police incident code; New Zealand)
- Quad-Pole Quad-Throw (switch)
- 4th Perrus Squadron
- Four Phase Sequence
- Pantawid Pamilyang Pilipino Program (Philippines poverty reduction program)
- Product, Price, Place, Promotion (marketing)
- Public Private Partnerships Programme (UK)
- Four-Level Phase Shift Keying
- Enquiry/Investigation (police incident code; New Zealand)
- Fourth Quarter
- Four Soft Limited (Hyderabad, India)
- Sales, Service, Spare parts supply and Survey (automotive)
Samples in periodicals archive:
has its interests in Consulting, Advisory, Strategic Planning, Task Automation, Freight, Fourth Party Logistics, Supply Chain Management, Cool Chain Management, Trading in Mineral, Ores, Perishables etc.
They are not organized into any topical sections, so perhaps just a few examples of specific papers will provide a sense of the proceedings' breadth and depth: authentication and access control in satellite networks, computing and modeling of urban railway traction transmission systems, a data transmission strategy of P2P live streaming media system, feature selection of face recognition based on improved chaos genetic algorithm, voice-based recognition system for non-semantics information by language and gender, usability evaluation of fourth party logistics platform, group key agreement scheme for mobile ad hoc networks based on threshold secret sharing, and influence of on-line brand experience on purchase intention.
Pourshins, a world leader in fourth party logistics, for instance, will handle the supply chain and deSter, the premier provider of airline food contact items, also will participate.
It is targeted specifically at the B8 logistics and distribution sectors of industry, including property owners and occupiers' retailers and manufacturers' investors and developers, as well as third and fourth party logistics service providers.
Increasingly, companies are recognising the need to outsource complex and laborious logistics operations to professional third party or even fourth party logistics providers, who have the worldwide network and know-how to create a more efficient supply chain process by continuously adding value to the clients' success.
In creating its European managed transport service last year, Exel significantly strengthened its position as a fourth party logistics provider.
However, the trend is changing with the increase in number of organized LSPs and improvement in the services offered by them through third party logistics and fourth party logistics.