Aziz Inan, a professor of electrical engineering at the University of Portland, argues that last Tuesday "was a one-of-a-kind palindrome date with respect to all palindrome dates contained in all four-digit years.
What does YYYY stand for?
YYYY stands for Four-Digit Year (as in MM/DD/YYYY; e.g. 01/01/2000)
This definition appears very frequently
- Yum Yum Thai (US and UK)
- Yoga Yoga Teacher Training (Austin, TX)
- Kapuskasing, Ontario, Canada (Airport Code)
- Yuzuncu Yil Universitesi (Turkey)
- Too Wise You Are
- Too Wise You Are, Too Wise You Be, I See You Are Too Wise for Me
- Mont Joli, Quebec, Canada (Airport Code)
- Yada Yada Yada
- Yeah Yeah Yeahs (band)
- Youpi Youpi Yeah (band)
- 4-Digit Year, Month, Day
- Toronto, Ontario, Canada - Pearson International Airport (Airport Code)
- Young Zoologists' Association (Sri Lanka)
- Yi Zhi Capsules
- Yukon Zinc Corporation (Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada)
- Yellowknife, Northwest Territories, Canada (Airport Code)
- Yeh Zindagi Ka Safar (film; India)
- Yokoji Zen Mountain Center
- Youngstown Zoning Ordinance
- Sandspit (British Columbia Airport Code)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Basically, the millennium bug was a problem which resulted from the practice of abbreviating a four-digit year to two digits.
Now subtract the four-digit year that you were born.
Medic has defined Year 2000 Compatible as meaning that +MEDIC(R) PM has been programmed to (i) completely and accurately address, present, produce, store and calculate data involving dates from, into and between the twentieth and twenty-first centuries, which includes the years 1999 and 2000 and any leap year calculations, and not produce abnormally ending or incorrect results involving such dates as used in any forward or regression date based function; and (ii) support both two- and four-digit years to be displayed where appropriate and perform calculations which involve a four-digit year field.
12/31/99 to see if it will display the correct four-digit year, 1/1/2000.
The Vertex 2000 software corrects the Y2K problem by fixing the data, compressing four-digit year fields into existing two positions without making changes to the program source code.
Anything that is run on a date-sensitive computer system has to be checked to make sure it recognizes a four-digit year.
Data expansion, which is costly and tedious but considered the best long-term solution, involves expanding the date fields in all systems to accommodate four-digit years.