IBM Research laboratories are credited with the creation of many of the foundations of information technology, including the invention of the relational database, disk storage, DRAM memory and much more.
What does FoIT stand for?
FoIT stands for Foundations of Information Technology
This definition appears very rarely and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Information technology (IT) and computers
See other definitions of FoIT
We have 1 other meaning of FoIT in our Acronym Attic
- Fiber Optic Intersite System
- Formal Ontology in Information Systems
- Foundations of Information Systems (Zürich, Switzerland)
- Freight Operations Information System
- Future of Information Summit (business event)
- Fraudulent Online Identity Sanctions Act
- Freedom of Information Scotland Act (UK)
- Fiber-Optic Isolated Spherical Dipole (antenna)
- Fiber Optic Interconnect Technology
- Flash of Invisible Text (software bug)
- Friends of Information Technology
- Fiber Optic Interface Unit
- Fiber-Optic Integrated Voice Communication System
- Friends of Irish Wolfhound (Germany)
- 4th of July
- Fear of John
- Federal Office of Justice (Switzerland)
- Fellowship of the Juggalos (religious group)
- Field of Judgement (Maple Story)
- Flora of Japan (plant resource)
Samples in periodicals archive:
It is a terrific program for the interns to learn the foundations of information technology," said Thomas Whang, partner, eContinuity Solutions.
They have concluded that the only way to compete in this rapidly changing world is to have standardized, flexible, upgradable foundations of information technology.