Ten years ago, Norwegian Cruise Line applied biocide-free Intersleek foul release coatings to the 78,309 GRT Norwegian Sun when it was built in Germany.
What does FRC stand for?
FRC stands for Foul Release Coatings (marine paint)
This definition appears rarely and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Business, finance, etc.
See other definitions of FRC
We have 263 other meanings of FRC in our Acronym Attic
- Fleet Response Concept
- Flexible Ribbon Cable
- Flight Research Center
- Florida Research Consortium (Tallahassee, FL)
- Force Reconnaissance Company
- Forest Resources and Conservation
- Fort Richmond Centurions
- Fort Richmond Collegiate
- Forward Rate Curve (interest)
- Forza Racing Club (est. 2007)
- Fraction of Residential Power supplied by Coal (Carolina Environmental Program)
- Frame Rate Converter (video)
- Frame Redundancy Check (Cisco)
- Frame Relay Capabilities
- Franca, Sao Paulo, Brazil (Airport Code)
- Franchise Relations Committee
- Franconia Mennonite Conference
- Frankford Radio Club
- Franklin Residential College (University of Georgia, Athens, Georgia)
- Fraternity of the Rosy Cross (or Frater de Rosa et Crucis)
Samples in periodicals archive:
The paint firm said it was an important milestone for several reasons: "One, it was International Paint Korea's 100th application of Intersleek, IP's leading range of silicone- and fluoropolymer-based foul release coatings which typically cut fuel consumption and reduce emissions by between 6 per cent and 9 per cent.
The very low shear force required for the removal of epoxy adhesive (pseudobarnacle) from the hydrophobic P 10 and A 20 sample surfaces makes them potentially good candidates for further testing in a real marine environment and compared with control PDMS-based foul release coatings and PEG-based foul-resistant coating.