Presently, electricity is generated largely by coal and other fossil fuels and nuclear power, with hydropower, and, to a lesser extent, renewable energy sources, such as wind.
What does FFNP stand for?
FFNP stands for Fossil Fuels and Nuclear Power
This definition appears very rarely and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of FFNP
We have 1 other meaning of FFNP in our Acronym Attic
- Freedom From New Brain Metastasis
- Football Far North Coast (Australia)
- Foster Friends of North Carolina (Guilford County)
- Finlandia Foundation National Capital Chapter
- Families First Nutrition Education Wellness System
- Freiwillige Feuerwehr Neu-Isenburg (German: Neu-Isenberg Volunteer Fire Department)
- First Federal Northern Michigan Bancorp. Inc.
- Fédération Française du Négoce des Matériaux de Construction (French: French Building Materials Trading Federation)
- Fathom Five National Marine Park (Canada)
- Feed Forward Neural Network
- Friends for Neighborhood Progress (Maryland)
- Full Face Negative Pressure (respirators)
- Fort Fordyce Nature Reserve (Eastern Cape, South Africa)
- Fast Food Natal Trust (South Africa)
- Female Faculty Network Twente (University of Twente, The Netherlands)
- Football Federation Northern Territory (Australia)
- Friends Forever of North Texas
- Friendship First New Testament
- Fundus Firm, Non-Tender (postpartum)
- Freiwillige Feuerwehr Neukirchen-Vluyn (German: Neukirchen-Vluyn Volunteer Fire Department; Neukirchen, Germany)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Opinion surveys conducted by the Sustainable Energy Coalition have shown that 62 percent of Americans believe renewable energy should receive priority in federal funding and that fossil fuels and nuclear power should be subject to budget cuts.
Fossil fuels and nuclear power provide the overwhelming majority - about 90 percent (a whopping 57 percent of America's energy comes from coal alone).