From some parts of Ghazni Province, the flight to Bagram Air Field is longer than that critical hour; the flight to Forward Operating Base Ghazni's forward surgical team is only minutes.
What does FST stand for?
FST stands for Forward Surgical Team
This definition appears very rarely and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
See other meanings of FSTOther Resources:
We have 182 other definitions for FST in our Acronym Attic
- Fonds de Solidarité Territoriale (French: Territorial Solidarity Fund)
- Food Science & Technology (various organizations)
- Foreign Section Trust (Japan)
- Foreign Service Tour
- Forged Steel
- Formal School Training
- Formal Specification Technique
- Formosan Subterranean Termites
- Fort Smith Public Transit
- Forward Support Team
- Foundation for Science and Technology (UK)
- Foundation for Surgical Technology (est. 1997; Littleton, CO)
- Frame Service Time
- Franciscan School of Theology (Berkeley, California)
- French Summer Time (time zone)
- Frontline Support Team
- Fujitsu Software Technologies (Japan)
- Full Scale Test
- Functional Self Test (hardware or software test sequence)
- Functional System Test
Samples in periodicals archive:
It led to deployment of forward surgical teams with Level III capabilities much closer to Soldiers in the field.
With the current use of forward surgical teams and combat support hospitals on the battlefield, where does the medical company of a brigade combat team fall into the operation plan?
Liverpool Territorial Army medics the 208 Field Hospital played host to their US counterparts the 67th Forward Surgical Team (Airborne) who will join them training for their forthcoming tour of duty.
The culmination of their training is a grueling, 24-hour exercise in which the forward surgical team essentially takes over the resuscitation unit at the Ryder Trauma Center.
[ILLUSTRATION OMITTED] Photo: Specialist Samantha Greeninger, an Army Reserve medic from Cincinnati, Ohio, assigned to the 629th Forward Surgical Team of Columbus, Ohio, spends time with two Ugandan children at the Pajimo Medical Clinic in rural Uganda.
Colonel Stocker was a member of a five-person forward surgical team assigned to Joint Special Operations Task Force-Philippines.
Known as special operations resuscitation teams, these medical personnel can respond rapidly to an operator in distress, and help bridge the gap between the special operations medic, forward surgical teams and the conventional combat support hospital.