In contrast, turnover for foreign exchange swaps increased again, rising by 12%, while turnover for forward rate agreements rose by 4%.
What does FRA stand for?
FRA stands for Forward Rate Agreement
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Business, finance, etc.
See other definitions of FRA
We have 183 other meanings of FRA in our Acronym Attic
- Flood Risk Assessment
- Florida Redevelopment Association
- Florida Rehabilitation Association
- Florida Restaurant Association (now Florida Restaurant and Lodging Association)
- Folded Reflector Antenna
- Force Reconnaissance Association
- Foreign Registered Agent
- Forest Resources Association (Rockville, MD)
- Forestry Reclamation Approach
- Försvarets Radioanstalt (Swedish: Defense Radio Establishment)
- Forward Repair Activity
- Forward/Future Rate Agreement
- Foundation Repair Association (construction)
- Framingham (Amtrak station code; Framingham, MA)
- Franconian (linguistics)
- Frankfurt, Germany - Frankfurt International (Airport Code)
- Franklin Road Academy (Nashville, Tennessee)
- Frater (Latin: brother)
- Fredericksburg Regional Alliance
Samples in periodicals archive:
Determining how much interest accrues on mortgages, bonds, forward rate agreements, swaps and others, day counts are required.
With the inflation concern, the Forward Rate Agreement (FRA) curve showed that just a few months ago (30 June 2011) market makers expected an increase in interest rates.
The systems provided ADIC employees with an effective way to handle different types of transactions, varying from dealing room; namely, foreign exchange - spot, forward and swaps, money markets - acceptances and placements, Forward Rate Agreements (FRAs), Interest Rate Swaps (IRS), futures, options, commodities, corporate banking, securities - bonds, Mortgage Backed Securities (MBS), Asset Backed Securities (ABS), equities proprietary trading and brokerage, local share.
Applications for some of the models are given for regular bonds, Treasury futures and Eurodollar futures, bond options and callable bonds, forward rate agreement, interest rate options, swaps, swaptions, mortgage securities, and default- prone corporate bonds.
For organizations exposed to fluctuations in interest rates, this chapter discusses interest rate derivatives including caps and floors, forward rate agreements, swaps, and related instruments.
For example, the London Clearing House plans to introduce clearing of interest rate swaps and forward rate agreements in the second half of 1999, and several entities are developing electronic trading systems for interest rate and foreign exchange contracts.
The taxpayer in the ruling entered into a forward rate agreement and two interest-rate swap agreements, to protect against increases in interest rates and to "lock in" its obligations on a proposed fixed-rate debt instrument.