The multi-mission MH-60R helicopter combines sensors, such as surface radar and forward looking infrared camera, with tactical data links that enable the host ship to see what the aircraft sees even when over the horizon.
What does FLIC stand for?
FLIC stands for Forward Looking Infrared Camera
This definition appears very rarely and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of FLIC
We have 33 other meanings of FLIC in our Acronym Attic
- Fixed-Length Information Block
- Funny Little Itinerant Blip (military slang for commercial aircraft)
- Florida League of IB (International Baccalaureate) Schools
- Fort Lauderdale International Boat Show
- Friendly Local Independent Bike Shop
- Fault Location Indicating Console
- Flight Line Intelligence Center
- Floridians for Lower Insurance Costs
- Forethought Life Insurance Company (Texas and Indiana)
- FORTRAN Language for Industrial Control
- Functional Living Index Cancer
- Filtered-Loss Indication-Based Congestion Avoidance (networking)
- Fluorochrome-Labeled Inhibitors of Caspases
- Federal Library and Information Center Committee
- Florida Initiative for Children's Healthcare Quality
- Flight Controller
- Florida Life Care Residents Association
- Film Liaisons In California Statewide
- Fair Layered Increase/Decrease (congestion control algorithm)
- Fair Layered Increase/Decrease with Dynamic Layering (congestion control algorithm)
Samples in periodicals archive:
The surveillance effort will include daily over-flights using forward looking infrared cameras, as well as the use of hand-held infrared cameras on the ground.
These provide a full menu of operating information as well as allowing the driver to view optional GPS mapping, camera views, as well as optional forward looking infrared cameras.