with HCV do not know they are infected, the Forum for Collaborative HIV Research put the nation's viral hepatitis prevention and detection efforts at the top of the summit's agenda, recognizing a national mobilization is needed to expand testing of baby boomers and those with known risks for HCV (current and former injection drug users, chronic hemodialysis patients, people with HIV, children born to HCV-positive mothers, and those who received clotting factor concentrates, blood transfusions or solid organ transplants before improvements in the blood supply).
What does FCHR stand for?
FCHR stands for Forum for Collaborative HIV Research (Washington, DC)
This definition appears very rarely and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of FCHR
We have 1 other meaning of FCHR in our Acronym Attic
- Federation Cultural and Heritage Projects (Australia)
- Feedback Controlled Heat Pipe
- Finnish Centre for Health Promotion (Helsinki, Finland)
- Fixed-Conductance Heat Pipe
- Florida Certified Horticulture Professional
- Fully Capitated Health Plan
- Fundación Colombiana de Hipertensión Pulmonar (Colombia)
- Far Cry Headquarters (gaming clan)
- Ferries and Cliff House Railway (cable car company in San Francisco circa early 1900s)
- Florida Commission on Human Relations
- Functional Cost Hour Report
- Franklin County Housing Redevelopment Authority (Massachusetts)
- Faculty of Computing Health and Science (Australia)
- Falls Church High School (Virginia)
- Farmington Central High School (various locations)
- Fayette County High School (Fayetteville, GA)
- Ferny Creek Horticultural Society (Australia)
- Floyd County High School (Floyd, VA)
- Fluvanna County High School (Palmyra, VA)
- Ford City High School (Pennsylvania)
Samples in periodicals archive:
The FDA, working with the Forum for Collaborative HIV Research, had set a public meeting in January on long-term followup of patients enrolled in these trials.
Forum for Collaborative HIV Research, The potential of patient outcomes research in HIV disease, 1 September 1999, accessed 1 February 2005 from http://www.
A 54-page background report on bone disease in persons with HIV (including avascular necrosis, and also osteopenia) can be found in Bone Metabolism and HIV Disease Meeting Report, published by the Forum for Collaborative HIV Research.
About the Forum for Collaborative HIV Research Part of the University of California (UC), Berkeley School of Public Health and based in Washington, DC, the Forum was founded in 1997 as the outgrowth of a White House initiative.
Ben Cheng is the Deputy Director of the Forum for Collaborative HIV Research in Washington, DC (hivforum.
A 67-page background report on mitochondrial toxicity -- widely suspected though not proven to be a basic cause of many serious side effects of certain antiretrovirals -- has been published on the Web by the Forum for Collaborative HIV Research.
They were presented at the satellite symposium organized by the Forum for Collaborative HIV Research and entitled "HIV Monitoring Technologies for Resource-Limited Settings.