The generation 5 drives are designed with backwards-compatible read- and-write capability with the Ultrium format generation 4 cartridges and backward read capabilities with generation 3 cartridges.
What does FORGE stand for?
FORGE stands for Format Generation
This definition appears rarely and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Information technology (IT) and computers
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of FORGE
We have 1 other meaning of FORGE in our Acronym Attic
- First Order Random Graph
- Force Options Research Group (Seattle, WA)
- Forge (street type)
- Friends of Retired Greyhounds (Colorado)
- Friends of Richmond Green (UK)
- Facilitating Opportunities for Refugee Growth and Empowerment
- Fellowship of Role Gaming Enthusiasts (Memphis, TN)
- FLAMES Operational Requirements Graphical Editor
- For Ourselves: Reworking Gender Expression (Milwaukee, WI)
- Force Generation Report
- Federal Office of Rural Health Policy
- Fellowship of Reconciliation India (est. 1950)
- Fluency-Oriented Reading Instruction (teaching method)
- Foreign Oil Related Income
- Forest Research Institute (Philippines)
- Forest Research Institute of Ghana
- Formula One Results & Information Explorer (auto racing)
- Fiber Optic Rotary Joints
- Formación Jurídica para la Acción (Spanish)
Samples in periodicals archive:
A new feature in this DAT format generation is the addition of hardware-based data encryption to provide additional security for stored data and better performance for the data storage system.
Customers have already expressed interest in the advantages that LTO Ultrium format generation 4 provides, such as the doubling of the storage capacity of LTO 3, improved transfer rates and encryption capabilities.
This is the backdrop as the Linear Tape-Open (LTO) Program Technology Provider Companies, HP, IBM Corporation and Quantum Corporation, today announced the finalization of details for the licensing by storage mechanism and media manufacturers of the LTO Ultrium format generation 6 specifications.
Background Blu-ray Disc and HD DVD While the market for DVD, according to studies of Understanding & Solutions, will be growing significantly until at least 2007, the development of the next format generation is not to be stopped.
The LTO Ultrium format generation 5 plans include a new partitioning functionality and Linear Tape File System specification enabling capabilities that can help enhance file control and space management, addressing the growing needs of marketplace segments such as Rich Media.
a worldwide leader in removable data storage media, today announced it submitted its first LTO Ultrium format generation 3 sample lot for media compliance testing.
LTO Ultrium format generation 5 plans include new partitioning functionality enabling capabilities that can help enhance file control and space management, addressing the growing needs of marketplace segments such as Rich Media.