In addition, our institute provides newly established molecular biologic methods (PCR) enabling not only an exact differentiation between liver cancer or metastases and AE but also species-specific diagnosis based on native material from operations on AE patients and on formalin-fixed paraffin-embedded tissue (12).
What does FFPET stand for?
FFPET stands for Formalin-Fixed Paraffin-Embedded Tissue
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
- Frankfort Fire Protection District (Frankfort, IL)
- Full-Face, Pressure Demand
- Fédération de la Fonction Publique Européenne (French: European Civil Service Federation; staff trade union; various organizations)
- Fédération des Femmes pour l'Europe (French: Federation of Women for Europe)
- Fédération Française du Pilotage d'Entreprises (French: French Federation of Business Control)
- Festival de Films de Portneuf sur l'Environnement (French: Portneuf Film Festival on Environment; Portneuf, Quebec, Canada)
- Formaldehyde Fixed-Paraffin Embedded (tissue)
- Formalin-Fixed, Paraffin-Embedded (tissue)
- Fractional Fokker-Planck Equation
- Fédération Francophone des Praticiens et Enseignants en Réflexologie (French: French Federation of Reflexology Teachers and Practitioners)
- Fairly Fast Packet Filter (computing)
- Family Friendly Programming Forum
- Fédération Française des Pompes Funèbres (French: French Federation of Funeral Directors)
- Fiber Fabry-Perot Filter (optics)
- Fighting For Penguins Freedom
- Find Fast Parts Fast (Performance Warehouse Association)
- Freedom from Poverty Foundation (est. 1993; Canada)
- Faculdade de Formação de Professores de Goiana (Portuguese: Goiana College of Teacher Education; Brazil)
- Filter Factory Programming Guide
- Fondo Fiduciario Pérez Guerrero (Spanish: Perez Guerrero Trust Fund)
Samples in periodicals archive:
The agreement also includes the development of novel nucleic acid extraction procedures from formalin-fixed paraffin-embedded tissue.
In sections on tissue processing, staining techniques, and imaging techniques, they discuss an optimized RNA extraction method from archival formalin-fixed paraffin-embedded tissue, double immuno-histochemistry with horseradish peroxide and alkaline phosphate detection systems, duplex in-situ hybridization in the study of the gene co-regulation in the vertebrate brain, using confocal microscopy for three-dimensional imaging of neurons in the spinal cord, software-based stacking techniques to enhance depth of field and dynamic range in digital photomicrography, and other topics.
This technology is highly robust and works well even when the RNA is partially degraded, as in formalin-fixed paraffin-embedded tissue.
ASCO Abstract Permanent ID: 9545 Molecular classification of carcinoma of unknown primary by gene expression profiling from formalin-fixed paraffin-embedded tissues.