Formalin-fixed, paraffin-embedded tissue (FFPET) samples from biopsies or micro-dissections are frequently used for retrospective studies, primarily in oncology.
What does FFPE stand for?
FFPE stands for Formalin-Fixed, Paraffin-Embedded (tissue)
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of FFPE
We have 4 other meanings of FFPE in our Acronym Attic
- Five Finger Death Punch (band)
- Forest and Fishery Products Division (USDA)
- Forum for Family Planning and Development (advocacy)
- Frankfort Fire Protection District (Frankfort, IL)
- Full-Face, Pressure Demand
- Fédération de la Fonction Publique Européenne (French: European Civil Service Federation; staff trade union; various organizations)
- Fédération des Femmes pour l'Europe (French: Federation of Women for Europe)
- Fédération Française du Pilotage d'Entreprises (French: French Federation of Business Control)
- Festival de Films de Portneuf sur l'Environnement (French: Portneuf Film Festival on Environment; Portneuf, Quebec, Canada)
- Formaldehyde Fixed-Paraffin Embedded (tissue)
- Fractional Fokker-Planck Equation
- Fédération Francophone des Praticiens et Enseignants en Réflexologie (French: French Federation of Reflexology Teachers and Practitioners)
- Formalin-Fixed Paraffin-Embedded Tissue
- Fairly Fast Packet Filter (computing)
- Family Friendly Programming Forum
- Fédération Française des Pompes Funèbres (French: French Federation of Funeral Directors)
- Fiber Fabry-Perot Filter (optics)
- Fighting For Penguins Freedom
- Find Fast Parts Fast (Performance Warehouse Association)
- Freedom from Poverty Foundation (est. 1993; Canada)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Biomarker validation analyses create surge in demand for formalin-fixed, paraffin-embedded sample prep solutions MOUNTAIN VIEW, California, June 21, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Hundreds of millions of formalin-fixed, paraffin-embedded (FFPE) archive specimens available globally have piqued tremendous interest for biomarker validation studies, generating a surge in demand for FFPE sample prep solutions.
Biomarker validation analyses create surge in demand for formalin-fixed, paraffin-embedded sample prep solutions MOUNTAIN VIEW, Calif.
Proteins cannot only be extracted from fresh but also from formalin-fixed, paraffin-embedded tissue.
africae Formalin-fixed, paraffin-embedded skin biopsy specimens of the inoculation eschars were cut to 3 gm in thickness and stained with hematoxylin-eosin-saffron by routine staining methods.
Evaluation of oligonucleotide arrays for sequencing of the p53 gene in DNA from formalin-fixed, paraffin-embedded breast cancer specimens.
Until now, researchers thought that this formalin-fixed, paraffin-embedded (FFPE) preservation process destroyed, modified, or degraded the nucleic acids, specifically the DNA and RNA, in biopsy samples, precluding gene expression analysis.
To be successful, immunofluorescence must be performed on fresh or frozen tissue (not on formalin-fixed, paraffin-embedded material).