Representatives of Japan International Cooperation Agency (JICA) interacted with members of the Joint Forest Management Committee and reviewed their work in Sikkim, which is known for its rich biodiversity.
What does FMC stand for?
FMC stands for Forest Management Committee
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of FMC
We have 305 other meanings of FMC in our Acronym Attic
- Foaming Mud Cement
- Follow-Up Medical Care
- Food Machinery Corp. (former manufacturer of the US Army M113 APC)
- Food Machinery Corporation
- Foote Mineral Company
- Foothills Medical Centre (Calgary, Alberta, Canada)
- Force Mobile Command (Canada)
- Force Modernization Coordinator
- Ford Motor Company
- Ford Motor Credit (automobile company)
- Format Message Composer (USAF SACCS/465L)
- Formation Médicale Continue
- Forward Markets Commission (India)
- Forward Motion Compensation
- Four Move Checkmate (chess formation)
- Fox Movie Channel
- FPGA Mezzanine Card (VITA 57 standard)
- Framework Multinational Corps
- Franciscan Missionaries of Saint Clare
- Franklin Mennonite Conference
Samples in periodicals archive:
Last year, three new local forest management committees were established, bringing to 11 the number of such committees operating islandwide, he informed.
He stressed upon integrated land use planning and coordination among stakeholders for sustainable forest management and put forth many recommendations such as review of Joint Forest Management Committees system (JFMCs), transparent disbursement of royalty, implementation of forests reform agenda, resolution of ownership issues, shift to fruit orchards in wastelands, innovative approaches to correspond to climate change and incentives reforestation compatible with climate change.
Senior Forest Officers of the Country, Civil Society, members of Joint Forest Management committee (JFMC) and officials of the ministry would participate in it.
Since 2006, awards are given in four categories namely individuals including government servants, institutions and organizations under Government Joint Forest Management Committee (JFMC) and Non-Governmental Institutions/Organizations.
In his written reply to a question posed by lawmaker Harishchandra Chavan in the Lok Sabha, Union Minister of State for Environment and Forest, Jairam Ramesh said : "The programme is aimed at regeneration of degraded forests and fringe areas, through a two tier institutional set-up of Forest Development Agencies (FDAs) at the district level and Joint Forest Management Committees at the village level.
Members praised a Joint Forest Management Committees (JFMC) work and suggested that Members of Parliament should be involved in the District or State level committees.