25 million in the market which was higher than other foreign portfolio investments.
What does FPI stand for?
FPI stands for Foreign Portfolio Investment
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
- Business, finance, etc.
See other definitions of FPI
We have 154 other meanings of FPI in our Acronym Attic
- Food Price Index
- Food Processing Industries
- Food Processing Institute
- Food Processing Intelligence
- Foodservice and Packaging Institute
- Foot Pounds Per Inch
- Forbidden Planet International
- Force Protection, Inc (Cougar MRAP vehicle manufacturer)
- Foreign Person of Interest (US FEMA)
- Foreign Policy Institute (Paul H. Nitze School of Advanced International Studies, Johns Hopkins University)
- Foreign Private Issuer (US securities law)
- Foreign Procedural Interface
- Forest Partners International (Flourtown, PA)
- Forest Pharmaceuticals Inc
- Forest Products International
- Forgotten Players of Insanity (gaming clan)
- Formacion de Personal Investigador (Spanish)
- Formal Public Identifier
- Formation Professionnelle Initiale (French: Initial Vocational Training)
- Forwarding Plane Interface
Samples in periodicals archive:
Foreign Portfolio investment during the same period of fiscal year-2013 was $167.
This leaves the economy vulnerable as such foreign portfolio investments may be pulled out any time when the risk appetite decreases or when panic ensues, as happened in the 1997 East- Asian crisis.
The spike in foreign portfolio investments could also prompt the central bank to increase interest rates, the American bank said.
What this means is that higher interest rates in Oz, attracts foreign portfolio investment since at the source of the capital, interest rates are zero or close.
He said that the revamped regime would not only address issues faced by the capital market but would also help in documenting the economy that would result in broadening the tax base and ensuring 100% coverage of all the taxable transactions in securities market while attracting foreign portfolio investment in the country.
Foreign portfolio investment was very low, both as a proportion of total liabilities (1.
He cited outflow of foreign portfolio investment as a major factor behind a big decline in overall foreign investment.