said that foreign intelligence services recruit and revive terrorist groups like Jundollah - a CIA backed organization notorious for its terrorist operations in Southeastern Iran.
What does FIS stand for?
FIS stands for Foreign Intelligence Service
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
See other definitions of FIS
We have 257 other meanings of FIS in our Acronym Attic
- Flight Interceptor Squadron
- Flood Insurance Study
- Florida Irrigation Society
- Florida Irrigation Supply, Inc (Sanford, Florida)
- Fluorescence Imaging System
- Fondo de Inversión Social (Spanish: Social Investment Fund; various nations)
- Forage Information System (Oregon State University)
- Force Information Service
- Foreign Instrumentation System
- Foreign Intelligence Section (Canada)
- Forest Invasive Species
- Formation Internet Service (French: Internet Service Training)
- Foundation for Infinite Survival
- Foundation Information Systems, Incorporated (Charlotte, NC)
- Fourniture Industrie Service (French: Service Industry Provision)
- Frame Information Structure
- Frankfurt International School
- Free Into Store
- Freedom Imaging Systems (Lockport, IL)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Sources of the Russian embassy in Damascus said Lavrov, accompanied by President of the Russian Foreign Intelligence Service Mikhail Fradkov, will hand over President Assad a message from his Russian counterpart Dmitry Medvedev about ways to resolve the crisis.
Afghan President Hamid Karzai is not secretly planning to change the country's constitution to seek a third term in power, according to's foreign intelligence service, said Karzai was seeking special dispensation to guide the country through uncertainty after NATO, was not planning to change the constitution, which allows two terms as president.
He said outright that the Ira expats to work with the Iranian government to prevent foreign intelligence services from recruiting them to help with plots against the Islamic Republic.
After CIA Director Leon Panetta visited Sofia in June 2010, Dagan, Director of Israel's Mossad (Institute for Intelligence and Special Operations), is the second head of a foreign intelligence service welcomed by Borisov.
He appeared in court yesterday accused of stealing secret files from MI5 and attempting to sell them to a foreign intelligence service.
Abul Einein: Foreign Intelligence Services Trying To Infiltrate Camps Fatah's top leader in Lebanon Sultan Abul Einein said on Sunday that measures have been taken to stop al-Qaeda from infiltrating Palestinian refugee camps in Lebanon, the pan-Arab daily AL HAYAT reported on Monday.
The Dangle, FYI, is when a foreign intelligence service tries to trick another, as in the legendary World War II Operation Double Cross.