While the government took some initial steps during the reporting period to acknowledge the existence of trafficking, draft anti-trafficking legislation, prosecute suspected traffickers, demobilize and reintegrate child soldiers, and waive overstay fines for foreign domestic workers, its efforts to combat human trafficking through law enforcement, protection, or prevention measures were undertaken in an ad hoc fashion, rather than as the result of strategic planning" the report said.
What does FDW stand for?
FDW stands for Foreign Domestic Worker
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
See other definitions of FDW
We have 18 other meanings of FDW in our Acronym Attic
- Forvaltning, Drift, Vedlikehold Utvikling (Norwegian: Manager, Operations, Maintenance, Development and Service)
- Family Doctor Week (American Medical Association)
- Fashion Door & Window (Grand Prairie, TX)
- Federated Data Warehouse
- Feed da Wolves
- Financial Data Warehouse (various organizations)
- First Day of Work
- Flashing Don't Walk (traffic signals, transportation engineering)
- Florida Dance Workshop (Port Charlotte, Florida)
- Foreign Data Wrapper (computing)
- Friends of Doctor Who (official fan club)
- Furniture Discount Warehouse (Crystal Lake, IL)
- Fisheries Department of Western Australia (Australia)
- Food, Dairy, Water and Environmental Laboratory Service Network (Health Protection Agency; UK)
- Fractional Delay Waveguide Filter (acoustics)
- Foreign Domestic Worker Levy (Singapore)
- Fenland District Wide Local Plan (UK)
- Federated Democratic Women of Ohio (political organization)
- Fortgeschrittenen Druckwasserreaktors (German)
- Folkestone and Dover Water Services Ltd. (UK)
Samples in periodicals archive:
As of 2012, there are more than 300,000 foreign domestic workers working in Hong Kong.
There are some 200,000 foreign domestic workers in Lebanon, hailing primarily from Ethiopia, Sri Lanka, the Philippines and Nepal.
Government figures show that a record 421,000 foreign workers, according to, where foreign domestic workers are excluded from a law that requires a day off for workers each week.
Foreign domestic workers could also be completely barred from working here.
The government has held special meetings to discuss the possible outcome and is reportedly mulling the possibility of limiting years of service of foreign domestic workers to prevent their bid for residency in the future.
The situation of foreign domestic workers in Asia and the Middle East is a subject well worth focusing on in a documentary that could shed light on the plight of these women and help improve their conditions.
The UN International Labor Organization (ILO) is encouraging the drafting of labor legislation to provide foreign domestic workers (FDWs) in the Middle East with legal protection.