1984), satisfying a debt instrument denominated in a foreign currency was held not to be a "sale or exchange" in determining the character of the debtor's currency loss.
What does FCY stand for?
FCY stands for Foreign Currency
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Business, finance, etc.
See other definitions of FCY
We have 1 other meaning of FCY in our Acronym Attic
- Faith Church Weekly Word (podcast)
- Final Cut Express (Apple software)
- Fire Control Exercise
- Fire Coordination Exercise
- Freeport-McMoran Copper & Gold Inc (stock symbol)
- French Connexion (gaming site)
- Fuel Cell Experiment (Honda)
- Fan Cooled Explosion Proof
- Football Club Yffiniacais (French football club)
- Football Club Yonnais (Yonnais Football Club; Yonnais, France)
- Forsyth County YMCA (Cumming, GA)
- Full Course Yellow (automobile racing)
- Filipino Canadian Youth Alliance (British Columbia, Canada)
- Fireside Catholic Youth Bible (Wichita, KS)
- Fairfax County Youth Basketball League
- False Creek Yacht Club (Vancouver, BC, Canada)
- Florida Council of Yacht Clubs
- Forth Corinthian Yacht Club (UK)
- Franklin County Youth Center (Rocky Mount, VA)
- Fairfax County Young Democrats (Virginia)
Samples in periodicals archive:
By unanimous vote, the Authorization for Foreign Currency Operations was amended to reflect the new title of Manager, System Open Market Account.
SFAS 52 deals with foreign currency transactions, including accounting for foreign-currency forwards and currency swaps, and SFAS 80 addresses the accounting for regulated interest-rate and commodity futures contracts.
In addition, we are summarizing two of these consensuses on hedging foreign currency risks.
Because the ESF's resources were meager, the Treasury was anxious for the Federal Reserve to participate for its own account in foreign currency operations.
CHICAGO -- Fitch Ratings has upgraded the foreign currency issuer default ratings (IDRs) of selected Latin American corporates.
The Service's position had been that foreign currency losses between related parties resulted from the sale or exchange of a capital asset and thus were not allowable under the related-party loss rules (Sec.
Authorization for Foreign Currency Operations At this meeting, the Committee reviewed its operations in the foreign currency markets.