Contents include: unclassified and declassified US Government documents and reports; captured documents; transcripts of interviews with defectors; prisoner of war interrogation reports; newspaper and periodical clippings from American, Vietnamese, Asian, and European English-language publications; media monitoring documents from the Foreign Broadcast Information Service (FBIS) and the Department of Commerce Joint Publications Research Service (JPRS); scholarly monographs and studies; transcripts of speeches and press conferences by leaders on both sides; uncopyrighted books; monographs and similar published source materials; propaganda leaflets and similar materials published by both sides; and a number of unpublished book-length manuscripts chiefly by Vietnamese writers.
What does FBIS stand for?
FBIS stands for Foreign Broadcast Information Service (US)
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
See other definitions of FBIS
We have 25 other meanings of FBIS in our Acronym Attic
- Fellow British Institute of Management
- Federal Bureau of Investigation's Most Wanted Terrorists
- Federal Bureau of Investigation National Academy
- Federal Bureau of Investigation National Academy Associates (Quantico, VA)
- Federal Biodiversity Information Partnership (Canada)
- Foreign Body in Penis (medical slang)
- Forward-Backward Iterative Physical Optics
- Fellow of the British Institute of Professional Photography
- Fellow of the British Interplanetary Society
- Förbundet Blödarsjuka i Sverige (Swedish Hemophilia Society)
- Foreign Broadcast Intelligence Service (US)
- Function-Based Information Search
- Fundamental Baptist Information Service
- Foreign Broadcast Information Service, Near East and South Asia
- Flour Bluff Independent School District (Corpus Christi, Texas)
- Fort Bend Independent School District (Texas)
- Federal Board of Intermediate & Secondary Education (Pakistan)
- Faculty of Business and Information Technology (University of Ontario Institute of Technology)
- First Brain Information Technology (India)
- Frontiers in the Convergence of Bioscience and Information Technology (conference)
Samples in periodicals archive:
The SPO bulletin was similar to the bulletin produced by the Foreign Broadcast Information Service (FBIS), but was distributed to recipients on the day of its publication.
See Col Qiao Liang and Col Wang Xiangsui, Unrestricted Warfare (Beijing: People's Liberation Army Literature and Arts Publishing House, February 1999), Foreign Broadcast Information Service translation, http://www.
government's Foreign Broadcast Information Services later released its version of the original statement by the North Korean Foreign Ministry spokesman.
We are going to make sure that if an ambassador somewhere out there needs to get something from the Foreign Broadcast Information Service, he is not going to wait for something to be faxed or mailed to him, he's going to be able to bring it out of the ether, on-line, instantaneously, as he needs it.
Foreign Broadcast Information Service, Daily Report-Near East and South Asia (FBIS-NES), 5 March 1986, p.
Jackley was left to assume that his producer-friend's source was a wacko, until a few days later, when he was reading over the CIA's Foreign Broadcast Information Service (FBIS) report, monitoring media reports from around the world.
He also served as Chief of the London and Okinawa Bureaus for the Foreign Broadcast Information Service (FBIS).