Questions arise as to whether the RUC, An Garda Siochana and the Army's Force Research Unit had prior and/or subsequent intelligence about the bombings.
What does FRU stand for?
FRU stands for Force Research Unit (British Army)
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of FRU
We have 26 other meanings of FRU in our Acronym Attic
- Field Replaceable Unit
- Field Research Unit
- Fiji Rugby Union
- Fire Rescue Unit
- First Responder Unit
- Fisheries Research Unit
- Flat Rate Unit (automotive)
- Florida Rugby Union
- Fonds pour le Renouvellement Urbain (French: Urban Renewal Funds)
- For Reasons Unknown
- Free Representation Unit (est. 1972; UK)
- Frequency Reference Unit
- Freshwater Research Unit
- Front Row Union (fan club; UK)
- Full Retail Upgrade
- Fuselage Refueling Unit (air to air refueling)
- Families for Russian and Ukrainian Adoption
- Forgotten Realms Unlimited Adventures (gaming)
- Frequency of Unpleasant Activity (psychology)
- Front pour La Restauration de l'Unité Democratique (Front for the Restoration for Unity and Democracy, Djibouti)
Samples in periodicals archive:
It's understood that Scap feels betrayed by the establishment although his individual handlers in the Force Research Unit.
Stevens' team of thirty detectives has found proof that police Special Branch officers, and the British Army's Force Research unit, had agents within outlawed paramilitary groups, notably the Ulster Defence Association (UDA).
Brigadier Kerr, a member of the Gordon Highlanders from Aberdeen, led the Army's Force Research Unit in Ulster in the late 80s.
Nelson, who had been recruited by the Army's secretive Force Research Unit (FRU), had infiltrated the paramilitary group and become its intelligence chief.
com is the brainchild of Kevin Fulton of the top secret Force Research Unit.
Those ex-handlers from the Force Research Unit include an Ulster-born squaddie who believes they will be 'shafted' by any new investigation.
The Metropolitan Commissioner confirmed urgent plans to question him about as many as 40 murders he has been linked to since being recruited by the Army's shadowy force research unit, which was part of the military intelligence operation during the Troubles.