Held at Patuxent River Naval Air Station, this annual force protection exercise assists the Navy in preparation for force protection conditions in real-world circumstances.
What does FPC stand for?
FPC stands for Force Protection Condition (US DoD)
This definition appears rarely and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
See other definitions of FPC
We have 298 other meanings of FPC in our Acronym Attic
- Florida Photonics Cluster (trade association)
- Florida Ports Council
- Florida Powerboat Club
- Florida Press Club
- Flow Process Chart
- Fluids Pressure Control
- Foliage Projective Cover
- Food Preparation Capabilities
- Food Processing Center (University of Nebraska-Lincoln)
- Force Planning Cycle
- Force Protection Council
- Foreign Press Center (US State Department)
- Forest Practices Code
- Forest Products Corporation (Pineland, TX)
- Formation Pharmaceutique Continue (French: Continuing Pharmaceutical Education)
- Formation Professionnelle Continue (French: Continuing Professional Development)
- Formation Professionnelle Conventionnelle (French: Conventional Vocational Training)
- Formes Poétiques Contemporaines (French: Contemporary Poetic Forms)
- Fortune Personnel Consultants
- Forward Phase Control (theatrical dimmers)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Notifications can range from force protection condition changes and anti-terror warnings to natural disaster alerts for approaching tornados, hurricanes or other emergency situations.
According to an article published in the Naval Surface Warfare Center Indian Head Division's newspaper Flash Point, "Project S-Gate -- Improving Base Security", the previous approach to base access was "manpower intensive and lacked the flexibility required during increased force protection condition levels" post 9/11.
received an order -- possibly from President Bush -- to move to Force Protection Condition Delta, a wartime posture, and its massive steel doors were closed for the first time in its 43-year history due to a real threat.
With the secretary of defense and the Air Force chief of staff directing a lowering of the force protection condition to a baseline of Alpha, the Eagle Eyes concept becomes more important than ever," said Maj.
As the "force of choice" in today's Army, elevations in force protection conditions (FPCONs) lead to significant increases in those forces missions.
Commanders must develop, publish, and disseminate priority intelligence reports and their critical information requirements for each force protection condition (FPCON) to security and response forces.
Our recent increase in force protection conditions (FPCON) has provided the perfect test bed for the system, therefore, solidifying its command value.