Under the bill, the Secretary of Agriculture would be required to develop a national veterinary stockpile, a national plant disease recovery system, a national plant diagnostic network, and a national food emergency response network.
What does FERN stand for?
FERN stands for Food Emergency Response Network
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of FERN
We have 12 other meanings of FERN in our Acronym Attic
- Federation of European Risk Management Associations
- Ferguson/Martin (high school sports officials association for Santa Clara valley)
- Formal Engineering Research with Models, Abstraction and Transformation
- Fernald Environmental Restoration Management Company
- Formalisation and Experimentation on the Retrieval of Multimedia Information
- Free Energy Reduction by Molecular Interface Crossing
- Fermi National Accelerator Laboratory
- Forum for Enhanced Reliability and Maintainability Standards (National Business Aviation Association, Inc.)
- Fife Environmental Recording Network (est. 1992; UK)
- Fire Emergency Response Network
- Forest Ecosystem Rescue Network (Sparr, FL)
- Foundation for Ecological Research in the Northeast
- Fremantle Environmental Resource Network (Australia)
- Foundation for Education and Research in Neurological Emergencies (University of Illinois at Chicago Department of Emergency Medicine)
- Fast Extraction of Rules from Neural Networks
- Forest Ecosystem Research Network of Sites (Natural Resources Canada)
- Federal Emergency Response Official (US FEMA)
- Finding Extreme Relativistic Objects (statistics)
- Forum for European Railway Operators
- Far East Russia Orca Project
Samples in periodicals archive:
In the area of food defense research, the FDA would expand the Food Emergency Response Network and would receive $15.
Two-thirds of the White House's requested increase would expand a food emergency response network of laboratories across the nation able to analyze food samples for biological, chemical and radiological threats.