The last few years saw the growth of the Follicular Unit Extraction method of hair transplantation, which harvests one follicular unit at a time from the patient's donor hair area leaving small, round, less detectable scars, which benefits patients who use a very short hairstyle.
What does FUE stand for?
FUE stands for Follicular Unit Extraction (hair transplantation method)
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of FUE
We have 17 other meanings of FUE in our Acronym Attic
- Formerly Used Defense Sites
- Fear, Uncertainty, Doubt, Superstition and Ignorance
- Formerly Used Defense Sites Management Information System (US DoD)
- FUDS Management Information System
- First United Door Technologies LLC
- Forensic Urine Drug Testing Newsletter
- Full Unit Designation Unknown
- Full Duplex
- Field Unit Evaluation
- First Unit Equipped
- Forces, Unit, Equipment
- Fuerteventura / Puerto Del Rosario, Canary Islands/Fuerteventura Island, Spain - Fuerteventura (Airport Code)
- Fundación Universidad Empresa (Spanish: University Enterprise Foundation)
- Future University in Egypt
- Free Unlimited Email Address
- First Unit Equipped Date
- Féderation Européene d’Unions Professionnelles d’Experts en Dommages après Incendie et Risques Divers Association Européene (est. 1968)
- Female Urinary Exertional Incontinence
- Furman University Electronic Journal of Undergraduate Mathematics
- Faith Used in Everyday Life (student ministry)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Ensure the clinic specialises in the latest surgical techniques, especially follicular unit extraction or follicular transfer.
He added: "Over the last 10 years, HENrklinikken has also developed unique hair transplantation techniques using the principles of Follicular Unit Extraction carried out by Dr George Zontos (chief surgeon at HENrklinikken Copenhagen) who has done more than 2,700 procedures.
It is the introduction of minimal invasive procedures like the Follicular Unit Extraction (FUE) method, which requires no tissue removal from the scalp that has probably made hair transplant treatments increasingly popular, informed Anisa Vrabac, Operations Manager of the Dubai Cosmetic Surgery Clinic.
I know people will say: 'oh, just shave it all off ' but it's not as easy as that; not all men suit a shaven head," explains James, who is a dentist as well as an expert in cosmetic treatments, including follicular unit extraction - the treatment chosen by Wayne Rooney.
On Thursday Rooney was seen leaving the clinic which offers follicular unit extraction.
But after undergoing a procedure called follicular unit extraction at the clinic in Harley Street, London - estimated to cost EUR13,500 - he cannot wait to show off the results.
Using frequent color clinical photos with detailed captions, the 10 chapters offer practical step-by-step information on all aspects of the procedure from the initial consultation to the postoperative period, with chapters on medication, the donor area, follicular unit extraction, frontal hairline design, corrective hair transplantation, and eyelash transplantation.