Pinn, MD, Senior Scientist Emerita at the National Institute of Health's Fogarty International Center served as keynote speaker ALEXANDRIA, Va.
What does FIC stand for?
FIC stands for Fogarty International Center (John E. Fogarty International Center for Advanced Study in the Health Sciences; National Institutes of Health)
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of FIC
We have 251 other meanings of FIC in our Acronym Attic
- Flame Ignition Chamber
- Fleet Intelligence Center
- Fleet Issue Control Center
- Flight Information Center
- Flight Information Centre (aircraft)
- Flight Instructor Course
- Florida Immigrant Coalition
- Florida Insurance Council, Inc.
- Flow Indicator Control
- Flow-Induced Crystallization
- Fonds d'Initiatives Citoyennes (French: Citizen Initiatives Fund)
- Fonds d'Intervention Culturelle (French: Cultural Intervention Fund)
- Food Ingredients Co. (Shanghai, China)
- Food Innovation Center (various schools)
- Food Institute of Canada
- Football in the Community (UK)
- Force & Infrastructure Category (hierarchical coding scheme)
- Force Indicator Code
- Forced Inspiratory Capacity
- Foreclosure Intervention Consultants
Samples in periodicals archive:
Two types of environmental conditions -- cold-dry and humid-rainy -- are associated with seasonal influenza epidemics, according to an epidemiological study led by researchers at the National Institutes of Healtha[euro](tm)s Fogarty International Center.
Fogarty International Center for Advanced Study in the Health Sciences, part of The National Institutes of Health.
The African Journal Partnership Project is funded by the National Library of Medicine and the Fogarty International Center of the US National Institutes for Health and administered by the Council of Science Editors.
The lead article, by Joseph Millum, a bioethicist at the Clinical Center Department of Bioethics and the Fogarty International Center at the National Institutes of Health, looks at the ethics of "bioprospecting"--that is, the search for novel biological products in places around the world that are rich in biological resources.
Sixteen NIH institutes and centers are actively participating in the Trans-NIH Working Group on Climate Change and Health, with coordination from the Fogarty International Center (FIC).
The shift in mortality toward younger age groups was the most striking characteristic of the 20th-century pandemics," notes Mark Miller, a researcher at the Fogarty International Center, part of the US National Institutes of Health.
The Department's role is to facilitate communication between NIH's Fogarty International Center and overseas posts to review research programs and ensure consistency with the foreign policy objectives of the United States.