6), (7) Emergency ultrasound or focused abdominal sonography for trauma (FAST) The use of ultrasonographic modalities in the assessment of trauma in children is gaining popularity.
What does FAST stand for?
FAST stands for Focused Abdominal Sonography for Trauma
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of FAST
We have 307 other meanings of FAST in our Acronym Attic
- Florida Association of Science Teachers
- Florida Association of State Troopers
- Flow Analysis Software Toolkit (IBM)
- Flow Analysis System for TRANSCOM
- Fluid Accumulation Status Trial
- Fluides, Automatique et Systèmes Thermiques (French: Fluid, Thermal and Automatic Systems)
- Fluorinel and Storage (facility)
- Fly-Away Satellite Terminal
- Flying Ambulance Surgical Trauma (Team)
- FMRIB's Automated Segmentation Tool
- Focused Assessment of Sonography for Trauma
- Folding Articulated Square Truss
- Food Allergy Survivors Together
- Food and Allied Service Trades Department (American Federation of Labor-Congress of Industrial Organizations)
- Force Analysis Simulation Technique
- Force Automated Surveillance and Targeting
- Forecasting and Assessment in Science and Technology
- Foreign Advisory Support Team (toys)
- Foreign-deployed Advisory Support Team (DEA)
- Forfeit Abatement and Seizure Team (Houston, TX)
Samples in periodicals archive:
3) Focused abdominal sonography for trauma (FAST) can be performed to establish the presence of free intraperitoneal fluid and a solid visceral source.