The NephCure Foundation is the only organization committed exclusively to supporting research to identify the cause, improve treatment and ultimately find a cure for the potentially debilitating kidney diseases Focal Segmental Glomerulosclerosis Syndrome and Nephrotic Syndrome.
What does FSGS stand for?
FSGS stands for Focal Segmental Glomerulosclerosis
This definition appears very rarely and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of FSGS
We have 21 other meanings of FSGS in our Acronym Attic
- Franklin Street General Practice (healthcare; Australia)
- Free Software for General Purpose (database)
- Freethought Society of Greater Philadelphia (Pennsylvania)
- Fédération des Sociétés de Généalogie du Québec (French: Quebec Federation of Geneology Societies; Quebec, Canada)
- Far SouthEast Gold Resources
- First State Greyhound Rescue (Delaware)
- Faculty, Staff and Graduate Student
- Federation of Swedish Genealogical Societies
- Fine-Scale Genetic Structure (biology)
- Focal Segmental Glomerulersclerosis
- Fuel Sales Grant Scheme (Australia)
- Food Science Graduate Student Association (University of California, Davis, CA)
- Focal Segmental Glomerular Sclerosis and Hyalinosis
- Formol Sucrose/Gum Sucrose/Paraffin
- Fédération Sportive et Gymnique du Travail (French sports association)
- Flight Sergeant
- Foundation for Sexual Grounding Therapy
- Family Services of Greater Vancouver (Canada)
- Fast Shutting Gate Valve
- Flight Sim Ground Vehicles (flight simulation website)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Focal segmental glomerulosclerosis (FSGS) is a glomerular disease with a characteristic pathologic presentation that includes segmental scarring involving some but not all glomeruli.
Secondary renal amyloidosis is the most common cause of renal involvement in AS (62%), followed by IgA nephropathy (30%), mesangiop-roliferative glomerulonephritis (5%), membranous nephropathy (1%), focal segmental glomerulosclerosis (1%), and focal proliferative glomerulonephritis (1%).
The commonest causes of primary nephrotic syndrome are membranous nephropathy, focal segmental glomerulosclerosis, and minimal-change disease.
FOCAL SEGMENTAL GLOMERULOSCLEROSIS Focal segmental glomerulosclerosis (FSGS) is the most common primary cause of adult nephrotic syndrome.
His kidney failure resulted from Focal Segmental Glomerulosclerosis (FSGS)--a disease that attacks tiny units (glomeruli) within the kidney where blood is cleaned.
Goretti started treatment in January after being diagnosed with Focal Segmental Glomerulosclerosis, a disease that attacks the blood vessels in the kidney.
1) Collapsing focal segmental glomerulosclerosis (CFSGS) associated with VPA has never been reported.