That's why so many Britons think that flowery orange pekoe has something to do with citrus fruit, rather than referring to the specific type of leaf picked.
What does FOP stand for?
FOP stands for Flowery Orange Pekoe
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of FOP
We have 135 other meanings of FOP in our Acronym Attic
- Fibre Optic Patch
- Fibrodisplasia Osificante Progresiva (Spanish: Fibrodysplasia Ossificans Progressiva)
- Fibrodysplasia Ossificans Progressiva
- Field of Play
- Field Operating Procedure
- Financial Operating Plan
- Finished Open Porch (building code)
- First-Order Perturbation (nuclear energy)
- Flash Operator Panel
- Flight Operations Plan
- Follow on Production (US NASA)
- Forecast Of Procurement
- Form of Payment
- Formatting Object Processor
- Formatting-Object Parser
- Forward Observation Post
- Found on Post (US DoD)
- Fountains of Paradise (Arthur C. Clarke novel)
- Framework of Partnership (various organizations)
- Frank O. Pinion (St. Louis radio personality)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Selections include Abington GARDENTEc[TM], special (FBOP) flowery orange pekoe grade, Dunbar GARDENTEc[TM], a special pekoe grade and Trafalgar GARDENTEc[TM], a special (BOP) broken orange pekoe grade.
For teas you can choose either the Yorkshire Gold or from a list of Specials that include Makaibarie Estate Darjeeling, Special Tippy Assam, the Formosa Oolong, Lapsang, Earl Grey of course, Yunnan Flowery Orange Pekoe, plus a couple of tisanes.