Roselyne Pirson, director of the Florida Center for the Literary Arts (FCLA), told me it was that essay that led her to my novel, which was ultimately the One Book, One Community selection for FCLA.
What does FCLA stand for?
FCLA stands for Florida Center for the Literary Arts (Miami Dade College; Florida)
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of FCLA
We have 10 other meanings of FCLA in our Acronym Attic
- Fussball Club Luzern (Swiss soccer club)
- Fussballclub Locarno (Swiss soccer club)
- Future Civic Leaders (Washington, DC; est. 2009)
- Future Concept Lab (Italy)
- Fuze Cavity Liner
- Fylde Community Link (UK charitable organization)
- Flight Crew License (Aircraft)
- Fetal Calf Ligament Protein 1
- Flight Club Los Angeles (California)
- Florida Center for Library Automation
- Football Champdôtre Longeault Association (French football association)
- Forensic Court Liaison Nurse
- Fraud Claim Law Associate (insurance industry)
- Fulton Chain of Lakes Association (Old Forge, NY)
- Fussballclub Lachen/Altendorf (Swiss fussball club)
- Federal Cigarette Labeling and Advertising Act of 1965 (USA)
- Federal Coal Leasing Amendments Act of 1976 (US DOI)
- Florida Consortium for Latin American Studies (est. 1991)
- Full Spectrum Active Protection Close-In Shield (anti-RPG defense system)
- Federation of Chiropractic Licensing Boards
Samples in periodicals archive:
Nobel Prize winner Elie Weisel, political maven Donna Brazile, comic book writer Art Spiegelman, Caribbean storytellers such as Edwidge Danticat, and international musical master Paquito D'Rivera have previously appeared at the Miami Book Fair International, a premier program of the Florida Center for the Literary Arts (FCLA) at Miami Dade College.
MIAMI DADE COLLEGE Miami Dade College has a long and rich history of involvement in the cultural arts, providing South Florida with a vast array of artistic and literary offerings including The Miami Book Fair International, the Florida Center for the Literary Arts, the Cultura del Lobo performance series, The Cuban Cinema Series, nine visual arts galleries including The Freedom Tower at Miami Dade College and the School of Entertainment and Design Technology in addition to the renowned Miami International Film Festival.
Miami Dade College has a long and rich history of involvement in the cultural arts, providing South Florida with a vast array of artistic and literary offerings including The Miami Book Fair International, The Florida Center for the Literary Arts, The Miami International Film Festival, the Cultura del Lobo performance arts series, The Cuban Cinema Series, the Miami Leadership Roundtable speakers' series, numerous renowned campus art galleries and theaters, and the nationally recognized School of Entertainment and Design Technology.