FLIP, short for Floating Instrument Platform, was invented more than 40 years ago to provide a stable laboratory for scientists working at sea.
What does FLIP stand for?
FLIP stands for Floating Instrument Platform
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of FLIP
We have 51 other meanings of FLIP in our Acronym Attic
- Fast Library for Number Theory
- Fuzzy Logic and the Internet
- Foreign Language Institute of Ottawa (Canada)
- Financial Liability Investigation of Property Loss (US Army)
- Fast Local Internet Protocol
- Financial and Functional Literacy Incentive Program
- Flexible Loan Insurance Program
- Flight Information Planning
- Flight Information Publication
- Flipmode Kru (gaming clan)
- Florida Investigations of the Paranormal (est. 2009)
- Flow Layer Internal Protocol
- Fluorescence Loss in Photobleaching
- Focus on Your Learners by Involving Them in the Process
- Focus, Links, Input, Payoff (generic cognitive strategy/conceptual framework for problem-solving)
- Funny Little Island Person
- Future Leaders in Philanthropy (Changing Our World, Inc.)
- Fuzzy Logic Inverted Pendulum Control
- Flight Plan Consistency (aviation)
- Follicular Lymphoma International Prognostic Index
Samples in periodicals archive:
In fact, this Floating Instrument Platform (FLIP) is the only vessel in the world that can operate both horizontally and vertically at sea, to make it easier to study the ocean.