The CMC team also supports the ISS strategy of prepositioning external Orbital Replacement Units on orbit to ensure operations post shuttle retirement including design, build and integration of flight support equipment.
What does FSE stand for?
FSE stands for Flight Support Equipment
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
See other definitions of FSE
We have 127 other meanings of FSE in our Acronym Attic
- Field Systems Engineer (various companies)
- File System Emulation
- File System Extender (software)
- Financial Services Exchange (various locations)
- Finite State Encoder
- Fire Safety Engineering
- Fire Support Element
- Fixed, Scientific, Engineering (calculator function)
- Fleet Supportability Evaluation
- Flight Simulation Engineer (US NASA)
- Flight Systems Engineering
- Florida Schools of Excellence
- Flying Scheduling Effectiveness (avionics; US Air Force)
- Flying Station Engineer
- Focal Symmetrical Encephalomalacia (sheep enterotoxemia)
- Follow Ship Evaluation
- Folsom Street East (New York, NY)
- Fondo Sociale Europeo (Italy)
- Fonds Social Européen
- Food Service Equipment
Samples in periodicals archive:
And, over the last 12 years, RSC Energia designed and built for Astrotech various components of flight support equipment for ISS Orbital Replacement Units flying on ICCs in the shuttle payload bay, including the Strela Crane, Portable Work Platform, and Service Module Debris Panels.
As SPACEHAB is providing its Integrated Cargo Carrier (ICC) system on the STS-121 mission scheduled for mid-July, the Company was also requested to design and fabricate a custom mounting plate, or Flight Support Equipment (FSE), which would enable two pieces of critical hardware to be attached to SPACEHAB's ICC for transfer to the ISS for their future use.