I suggest that Birmingham would be pleased to have a Spitfire, and a Fleet Air Arm museum or airfield would be equally pleased to receive a Spitfire.
What does FAAM stand for?
FAAM stands for Fleet Air Arm Museum (National Museum of the Royal Navy; Somerset, England, UK)
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of FAAM
We have 8 other meanings of FAAM in our Acronym Attic
- Federation of Algerian Youth Hostels
- Falling Asleep At Keyboard (IRC)
- Freethinking Atheist and Agnostic Kinship (California)
- Fellow of the Australian Academy of the Law
- Festival of African-American Literature and the Arts (Clemson University)
- Federal Aviation Administration Logistics Center
- Field Artillery Acoustic Locating System
- Forward Area Armored Logistics System
- Facility for Airborne Atmospheric Measurements (UK)
- Financial Aid Awareness Month (various organizations)
- Foot and Ankle Ability Measure (physical therapy)
- Free and Accepted Masons (Washington, DC)
- Fukuoka Asian Art Museum (Japan)
- Fabric and Apparel Accessories Manufacturers Association
- Federal Aviation Administration Managers Association
- Fellow American Academy of Medical Administrators
- Food Allergy and Anaphylaxis Management Act (food allergen labeling)
- Fabrication of Affordable Aspheric Mirrors by Electroforming
- Fellow of the American Academy of Medical Ethics
- Fellow of the American Association on Mental Retardation
Samples in periodicals archive:
The Fleet Air Arm Museum at Ilchester is a boy's paradise.
We passed Corfe Castle on our way home and broke our journey by stopping off at the splendid Fleet Air Arm Museum in Yeovilton.
95 Hardcover V874 In this book for naval and aviation enthusiasts and historians, Hobbs, 33- year veteran of the Royal Navy and formal curator of the Fleet Air Arm Museum in Yeovilton (UK), offers a history of carrier ships and shipborne aircraft, beginning with the first take-off from a ship in Virginia in 1914.
For those more interested in modern pursuits, the Haynes International Motor Museum at Sparkford and the Fleet Air Arm Museum at Yeovilton provide hours of entertainment.
The look of recognition between John and Phil at the Fleet Air Arm Museum in Yeovil, Somerset, was unmistakable.
The Fleet Air Arm Museum, the Nautical Archaeology Society and Innes McCartney, a world expert on submarines, have joined forces to commemorate the loss of the submarine.
Veteran's reunion BRITAIN'S oldest surviving war veteran, Henry Allingham, 110, was yesterday reunited with a plane he used to work on in the Royal Naval Air Service when he visited the Fleet Air Arm Museum in Somerset.