Between 1968 and 1988, 1 personally tried to get the meaning of the Flashing DON'T WALK (FDW) introduced.
What does FDW stand for?
FDW stands for Flashing Don't Walk (traffic signals, transportation engineering)
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of FDW
We have 18 other meanings of FDW in our Acronym Attic
- Forward Dominant Vector Selection (video coding)
- Fleetwood Digital Video Technology Corp.
- Family and Domestic Violence Unit (Australia)
- Forvaltning, Drift, Vedlikehold Utvikling (Norwegian: Manager, Operations, Maintenance, Development and Service)
- Family Doctor Week (American Medical Association)
- Fashion Door & Window (Grand Prairie, TX)
- Federated Data Warehouse
- Feed da Wolves
- Financial Data Warehouse (various organizations)
- First Day of Work
- Florida Dance Workshop (Port Charlotte, Florida)
- Foreign Data Wrapper (computing)
- Foreign Domestic Worker
- Friends of Doctor Who (official fan club)
- Furniture Discount Warehouse (Crystal Lake, IL)
- Fisheries Department of Western Australia (Australia)
- Food, Dairy, Water and Environmental Laboratory Service Network (Health Protection Agency; UK)
- Fractional Delay Waveguide Filter (acoustics)
- Foreign Domestic Worker Levy (Singapore)
- Fenland District Wide Local Plan (UK)
Samples in periodicals archive:
1 Referring to the phase movements shown in Figure la, pedestrian movement 6 (ped 6) has a WALK and flashing DON'T WALK indication; vehicle phase 6 has a circular green indication during concurrent service.