4) But the fiscal theory of the price level is an alternative policy mix that delivers Regime F without necessarily producing the extremely high inflation rates associated with unpleasant arithmetic.
What does FTPL stand for?
FTPL stands for Fiscal Theory of the Price Level (monetary policy)
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Business, finance, etc.
See other definitions of FTPL
We have 5 other meanings of FTPL in our Acronym Attic
- Fund to Prevent Homelessness
- Fiberglass Tank and Pipe Institute (Houston, TX)
- Fine Theoretical Physics Institute (est. 1987)
- Flux Transitions Per Inch
- Ford Tractor Philippines, Inc. (Manila, Philippines)
- Foundation for Thailand Productivity Institute (Ministry of Industry; Thailand)
- France Télévision Publicité International (French: France International Television Advertising)
- Fondation Toxicomanie et Prévention Jeunesse (French: Youth Addiction and Prevention Foundation)
- Forex Trader Pk (Pakistan)
- Fédération du Tourisme de la Province de Liège (French: Tourism Federation of the Province of Liège; Liège, Belgium)
- Forages Travaux Publics Lautier (French drilling company)
- Forsyth Township Public Library (New Swanzy, MI)
- Fourier Transform Photo-Luminescence
- Fraresso Travaux Publics Location (French public works rental company)
- Free the Panchen Lama (China; imprisoned political figure freedom movement)
- Fylfot Technologies Private Limited (India)
- Ford Total Preventive Maintenance
- Fuel Trading and Petroleum Marketing
- Friends of the Takoma Park Maryland Library
- Fédération du Tourisme de la Province de Namur (French: Tourism Federation of the Province of Namur; Namur, Belgium)
Samples in periodicals archive:
The fiscal theory of the price level identifies another channel through which the central bank can lose control of inflation, even in the case of an independent monetary authority that need not accept seignorage targets dictated by the fiscal authority.
There is ongoing debate about whether faster inflation would occur because the Federal Reserve would eventually be forced to support the government's future debt-financed expenditures through monetary accommodation or whether a sudden realignment of prices could occur even without an independent or fiscally induced monetary expansion--following the predictions of the so-called fiscal theory of the price level (FTPL).
Cochrane's main theoretical objection to this fiscal theory of the price level is that it mistreats the government's intertemporal budget constraint.
Most recently, he has been working on the fiscal theory of the price level, option pricing with imperfect replication, habit persistence and the predictability of returns, and a Ph.