They're often among the first to default when the economy weakens, interest rates rise or home price drop.
What does FTD stand for?
FTD stands for First to Default
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Business, finance, etc.
See other definitions of FTD
We have 97 other meanings of FTD in our Acronym Attic
- Field Technical Demonstration
- Field Test Demonstration
- Field Test Display
- Field Training Detachment
- Fight to Death
- File Transfer Date
- File Type Doctor (software for Windows Vista)
- Fill Thread Database (newsgroups)
- Financial Times Deutschland (German sister newspaper of the Financial Times)
- Financial Transaction Database
Samples in periodicals archive:
It says Ticketmaster was the first to default on the terms of the deal, and that N2K had told it so.
Potential areas for future stagnation included vanilla CDS, CDO-squared transactions and options on Credit Default Swaps (CDS), followed by first to default baskets.
Therefore, the ratings on the notes reflect the portfolio first to default probability, which cannot be higher than the lowest rated reference obligation in the portfolio.