As part of the project, AUP collaborated with this team of on-staff librarians and educators to develop multimedia materials including videos, tutorials and quizzes for first year seminars and one-on-one instruction.
What does FYS stand for?
FYS stands for First Year Seminars
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of FYS
We have 17 other meanings of FYS in our Acronym Attic
- Finnish Youth Research Network
- Former Yugoslav Republic Of (Macedonia)
- Former Yugoslavian Republic Of Macedonia
- Former Yugoslav Republic of Macedonia
- For Your Reading Pleasure
- First Year Rate of Return
- First Year Residents Succeeding Together (freshmen medical school)
- Follow-On Youth Recovery Support Team (Australia)
- Feed Your Spirit
- Fellowships for Young Scientists
Samples in periodicals archive:
If those of us who are teachers and professors as well as administrators could recall the difference our own first year seminars made in our own intellectual and professional careers, we would perhaps be able to readily recognize the significant impact those courses made in establishing the basic contours of our thinking, learning, and teaching to this day.
Three, the first year seminars and the required peer reviewing processes have helped form student cohorts providing peer support throughout their entire program (something often lacking within part-time only programs).
This is the first year seminars will also cover issues from life sciences and biotechnology.