Some industry specific applications for the technology include: augmented reality (motion capture), visualization (set design) and the first person view (live preview).
What does FPV stand for?
FPV stands for First Person View (gaming)
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Slang/chat, popular culture
See other definitions of FPV
We have 32 other meanings of FPV in our Acronym Attic
- Fallbrook Public Utility District (California)
- First Production Unit Inspection (US DoD)
- First Production Unit Qualification and Inspection Test
- For the Purpose of
- Fixed Point Utility System (aviation)
- Federation of Petanque USA Inc. (sports governing body)
- First Parish Unitarian Universalist
- Family Planning Victoria (Australia)
- Feline Panleukopenia Virus
- First Patient Visit (clinical trials)
- First Preference Vote (politics; various locations)
- Fisheries Protection Vessel (UK)
- Flight Path Vector
- Floating Point Value (electrical engineering)
- Floating Production Vessel (oil industry)
- Ford Performance Vehicle
- Fowl Poxvirus
- Future Protected Vehicle (UK)
- Farthest-Point Voronoi Diagram
- Friends of the Patapsco Valley and Heritage Greenway, Inc. (Maryland)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Flipping effortlessly between third and first person views, it is easy to become immersed in the drama as Samus battles ever more ingenious and powerful Metroid menaces as she explores the deserted space station which she had been drawn to by the 'Baby's Cry' distress call.
Forget vague symbolism, B-Movie futurism or tired political posturing, Smith opts for a truly personal, first person view into a bacchanalian world of sin, excess, cynicism and insecurity framed by humour so black that it can only come from having been there, seen it and done it.
Played from a first person view point, players take the controls of a sci-fi assault tank called a Wraith.
See the action through a chilling third person view, or an all too real first person view while aiming your weapon.
com -- Visitors can locate the Six Flags amusement park closest to their home; check out the latest attractions and special events; plan a personalized "Perfect Day" by submitting their favorite types of rides, attractions, and restaurants (the database will dynamically generate a customized park directory for that guest); and experience the thrills and spills of the newest roller coasters with a first person view of the ride (using Quick Time and AVI).
The first person views of ships and the eagle's eye view of maps show the location of all ships.