Calculating rework and scrap cost is relatively straightforward, provided the production line's first pass yield (FPY) is known.
What does FPY stand for?
FPY stands for First Pass Yield
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
- Business, finance, etc.
See other definitions of FPY
- First People World Wide (indigenous people advocacy)
- Fachvereinigung Polystyrol Extruderschaumstoff (German: Extruded Polystyrene Foam Association; Rossendorf, Germany)
- Field-Programmable Port Extender
- Financial Post Index
- Financial Process Exchange (Malaysia)
- Fixed Price Exercise
- FlashPix (image format, file extension)
- Front Panel Express
- Field-Portable X-Ray Fluorescence
- Floating Point Extended Save Area
- Full-Power Year
- Future Planning Year
- Fairfax Police Youth Club
- Fells Point Yacht Club (Baltimore, MD)
- Flaming Pine Youth Camp (Togo, MN)
- Ft. Pierce Yacht Club (Ft. Pierce, FL)
- Future Proof Your Career
- Foundation of Pathanjala Yoga Kendra (India)
- Effepizeta (Italian manufacturing company)
- Fakultet Prometnih Znanosti (Croatian: Faculty of Traffic Engineering)
Samples in periodicals archive:
The totally gel-free cable design also helps save on labor costs by offering faster splicing with higher first pass yields due to a cleaner work environment.
The participants used several different metrics to judge quality, such as DPMO (defects per million opportunities), PPM (parts per million defective), rolled throughput yield, and first pass yield.
They have met the goal and are setting a new goal to increase first pass yield by an additional 40% Riggs said.
Aberdeen surveyed more than 650 manufacturing executives to categorize manufacturers based on four key performance indicators (KPIs): On time delivery, response time to non-conforming shipments, first pass yield (FPY) and products manufactured in compliance.
Of the 2,404 circuit boards, 167 contained faults--the first pass yield (FPY) was 93.
The new system enabled the company to significantly improve throughput and first pass yield.
The biggest advantage selective soldering offers is the ability to reduce solder defects, thus improving first pass yields.