The village of Wendake is involved, as is the First Nations Education Council and the First Peoples' Heritage and Language Council.
What does FNEC stand for?
FNEC stands for First Nations Education Council
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of FNEC
We have 2 other meanings of FNEC in our Acronym Attic
- Fédération Nationale des Élèves Avocats (French: National Federation of Student Lawyers)
- First Nations Education Authority (Canada)
- Fédération Nationale des Exploitants d'Abattoirs Publics (French: National Federation of Public Slaughterhouse Operators)
- First Nations Environmental Assessment Technical Working Group (Victoria, BC, Canada)
- Fédération des Syndicats de Négociants-Éleveurs de Grande Bourgogne (French: Grande Burgundy Federation of Farmers-Merchants Trade Unions; Burgundy, France)
- Fédération Nationale des Étudiants en Biologie (French: National Federation of Biology Students)
- Flat Nose Enclosed Base (ammunition)
- Federació Nacional d'Estudiants de Catalunya (Catalonia)
- Fédération Nationale des Éleveurs de Chèvres (French: National Federation of Goat Farmers)
- Fédération Nationale des Enseignants de la Conduite (French teachers union)
- First New England Capital (Hartford, CT)
- Fédération Nationale des Experts de la Construction et de l'Immobilier (French real estate and construction union)
- Fédération Nationale d'Enseignement et de Développement du Secourisme (French: National Federation of Education and Development Aid)
- Fédération Nationale de l'Équipement Électrique (French: National Federation of Electrical Equipment)
- Fédération Nationale de l'Equipement et de l'Environnement (French: National Federation of Public Works and the Environment)
- Fédération nationale des enseignantes et enseignants du Québec (Canada)
- Fédération Nationale des Étudiants de France (French: National Federation of Students of France)
- Fédération Nationale des Experts Forestiers (French: National Federation of Chartered Foresters; Belgium)
- Fédération Nationale des Électriciens et des Gaziers (French: National Electrical and Gas Federation)
- Fédération Nationale des Étudiants en Géographie (French: National Federation of Students in Geography)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Working with the Quebec-based First Nations Education Council, Whiteduck was instrumental in getting First Nations Assembly national chief Phil Fontaine to sign a petition which, in part, "urge(s) the government of Canada" to not only make the post-secondary student support program permanent but to "fully shoulder its responsibility in adequately funding the right to postsecondary education for First Nations.
the First Nations Education Council in Quebec and Mi'kmaw Kina'matnewey in the Maritimes.
Nicole Sioui First Nations Education Council Wendake, Quebec
recall the impact that it had for them, and the programs, the inclusion of Elders and whatnot, so there was always that push to have a post-secondary institution controlled by First Nations, with solid content, quality programs, not watered-down, allowing students to move on wherever they need to move on, but giving them a First Nations perspective," said Gilbert Whiteduck, education advisor for the First Nations Education Council, an association representing Quebec's First Nations that is working to establish the new college.
He was a founding member in 1985 and then continuous chair of the First Nations Education Council for School District #73, and initiated the signing of the first five-year Education Improvement Agreement, and followed it up with an Enhancement Agreement.