Leupold also put the reticle in the first focal plane.
What does FFP stand for?
FFP stands for First Focal Plane (rifle scope)
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Business, finance, etc.
See other definitions of FFP
We have 177 other meanings of FFP in our Acronym Attic
- Fiber Fabry-Perot
- Filtering Facepiece (respirator)
- Final Fantasy Project (fan site)
- Final Firing Position (sniper term)
- Financial Fair Play (football regulations; EU)
- Finite FIFO (First-In, First-Out) Platform
- Fire Fighting Pacific (Christchurch, New Zealand)
- Firm-Fixed-Price (Contract)
- First Fatal Piss
- First Field Phase
- Fisheries Finance Program
- Fishers & Farmers Partnership for the Upper Mississippi River Basin
- Fit for Purpose
- Fixed Fee Procurement
- Fixed Function Pipeline (computing)
- Flat File Parsing (computer programming)
- Fleet Frequency Plans (US Navy)
- Florida Freedom Partnership (Miami, FL)
- Fondo Financiero Privado (Spanish: Private Financial Fund; Bolivia)
- Food for Peace
Samples in periodicals archive:
On the other hand, if you're using a European-type variable with the reticle in the first focal plane (where the reticle stays the same size relative to the target at all magnifications), the MOA intervals between the tickmarks will stay the same at all powers.
The mil-dot reticle is green illuminated along the first focal plane.
BOX 4301 SAN DIMAS, CA 91773 (909) 599-0928 POWER: 1X-4X TUBE DIAMETER: 30mm EYE RELIEF: 4" (1X), 2-1/2" (4X) RETICLE: Illuminated, range finding, etched, first focal plane EYE PIECE: Fast focus ADJUSTMENTS: 1/4 MOA BATTERY: 1 CR2032 3V LENGTH: 11-1/2" WEIGHT: 14 ounces PRICE: 1,299.
If the first focal plane is used, the spacing remains the same, regardless of the power.
Many American-designed scopes place the reticle in the second focal plane, while many European manufacturers opt to place the reticle in the first focal plane.
Most European variables mount the reticle in the first focal plane.
More importantly, they placed the reticle in the first focal plane so that it tracks proportionally throughout the power ranges.